Notices

So I bought a Magnaflow 14814 for 30 bucks brand new :chuckles:

Old 07-08-2003, 01:54 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I bought a Magnaflow 14814 for 30 bucks brand new :chuckles:

I bought it from this dude near my house who was SUPPOSED to put it on his car but got wrecked a few days ago(bummer). Well, he was parting out with a lot of his car stuff. I saw this Magnaflow and said I'll give you 30 bucks. He said, 'sure, take it'. I assume it's because I'm one of his neighbors. h: Well enough about how I got it for so cheap.....

Originally I was going to get an Apex'i WS for the Accord but I don't have much money left since I bought another vehicle to play with.h: I've done the usual search on these darn universal mufflers. I've always stayed away from universal mufflers because of the noise they create which I assume is really loud from what people say on here. I've read on here that you must use/get 2.25" piping along with a resonator to decrease the sound level? Is that right? What if it's still too loud? Would adding another resonator or maybe keeping the stock one somehow reduce the noise as well? Any other concerns should I be concerned with besides losing power maybe by adding the second resonator or whatever? In all honesty, I care more about the sound rather than performance on my Accord now since I have another car that's faster than this one. Pretty much louder than stock, but not too loud wherein the cops would automatically turn on the red and blues.

I'm expecting good replies and not one of those smart ass noob replies I've been seeing lately. :fawk:
Old 07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
cranberynvodka

imo magnaflows sound funny but good buy
Old 07-08-2003, 02:00 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Originally posted by cranberynvodka
imo magnaflows sound funny but good buy
Yeah I read mostly mixed reviews about these things on here so I was iffy but 30 dollars brand new? I had to get it. Plus I felt sorry for my Accord since I haven't bought anything for it in a long time.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:32 PM
teamlegacy

I'll buy it.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:37 PM
jschmid

I had one with 2.25" piping, it sounded awesome driving around the city, etc. But on the freeway it resonated in the cabin, I had to get rid of it.

If you want quiet over performance like you said, you might be okay if you use two long resonators in the piping. If you don't want to risk it being too loud, then I'd stay stock.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:44 PM
alpha

It was a good buy, but you could go around and sell it for more. Does anyone you know have the Magnaflow? You could listen to it that way, and if you don't like it, sell it..