Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Cold-Air Intake System - did I get ripped?

Old 07-05-2003, 04:28 PM
ToddnMiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold-Air Intake System - did I get ripped?

I bought a "Air Intake System" through eBay - eBay Item # 2421537401

Description:
* Brand New Air intake
* Air intake dsigned maximum flow air with high performance
* Made by T-306 Aluminum Chrome Finished Intake pipe
* Air intake increase 10-15 horsepower
* It includes all mounting hardware, blue vacuum hoses and_Air Filter_
* Easy to installation, no modification needed

It costs $39.99 after shipping and insurance . . . did I get ripped or do you think it will make a difference other than looks under the hood?

Thanks,
Melissa
Old 07-05-2003, 05:07 PM
ToddnMiss

Default Oh, I also bought an intake MOD kit too

The description of this ebay item number 2422451247:

This auction is for a Performance Intake Resistor mod for your 1995-2002 Honda Accord AKA Performance Chip.

A second performance Intake Resistor Mod kit will be sent with your order at no charge.

All vehicles have an Electronic Control Unit (ECU) a computer chip that electronically manages and monitors your car's performance. That means that your car could go faster and get more power if you replace the ECU. This could cost Hundreds. This part will modify your stock ECU with a Timing Advance Mod Resistor. Once the Mod is installed, the ECU will read that the air coming in through the intake is cold air.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will give you the power that you want for your car without spending all that money
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give your Accord that 15 - 20 HP you always wanted! I installed it on my car and truck and I will never take it out. This will fit most fuel injected Honda's (non-turbo) from 1995 and up. No tools are required and this mod will not damage your car in any way. Your car will accelerate faster and have a higher top end speed!!!!!!!!!!! Take a look at the most commonly asked Questions. Will This Void My Warranty??? NO! This Will Not Void Most Warranties . If you have a very strict Underwriter on your Warranty You can Undo this Mod in less than 5 minutes ... You can even Re-Install it later . This Leaves No Trace of Any Modification. Will This Hurt My Car , Motor or Computer etc ??? NO, This will Not Hurt Your Car or Have any Negative effect on your Motor or Computer whatsoever ... In Fact This Mod WILL actually work with your car's ECU because of the way the auto manufacturer designed it. Comes with instructions on how to Install it and it only Takes about 10 Minutes to install

Total cost delivered w/insurance: $4.45

In combo - think I'll notice a difference (positive) in performance??

Thanks,
Melissa
Old 07-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Technodigifreak
Hot-Modder

you might notice a slight change in horsepower, but you will notice a big change in sound
Old 07-11-2003, 09:33 PM
JTegLS

hes right the horsepower gains are very little but, the sound and looks alone make it worth buying. mines REALLY loud! lol
Old 07-12-2003, 07:17 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

I wouldn't install the resistor mod.

-PHiZ
Old 07-12-2003, 10:40 PM
speed614
Civic GSR Driver

Everyone loves the sound of an intake!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:12 PM
KeepinOnThaDL

Originally posted by PHiZ
I wouldn't install the resistor mod.

-PHiZ
agreed
Old 08-07-2003, 11:04 AM
LudeBehavior

I wouldn't do the resistior mod. The resistor hooks up to the intake air temp sensor and tricks it into thinking colder air is coming in. This is good and will make power, but the sensor is one of the things that keeps the car from detonating when engine and outside air temps are too hot. If you bypass the sensor with the resistor, you can cause detonation to occur which can ruin your engine if it's bad enough. For this reason alone, computer chips are worth the investment, becuase they modify the computer in the correct way.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:18 AM
FordTuner

the resistor mods dont do anything for a/f mixture, and a proper mixture is most responsible for a gain in HP. all the IAT mod does is advance timing... quite possibly too far at the wrong time. you can advance your timing yourself with your dizzy.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:54 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Originally Posted by FordTuner
the resistor mods dont do anything for a/f mixture, and a proper mixture is most responsible for a gain in HP. all the IAT mod does is advance timing... quite possibly too far at the wrong time. you can advance your timing yourself with your dizzy.
meh

IAT affects short term fuel trim, it affects timing and fuel.
-PHiZ