Notices

Electrical system

Old 06-29-2003, 06:24 PM
jmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical system

Hey guys...I was searching around on the web for some help with my car...i have a haynes manual for it...but it only has the integra models stuff...and i was wondering if any one had changed there stereo from the stock one(on and 86 to 89 i think those are all the same)...to something new... my problem is i have a short somewhere in the system...i have all used up all the slots for my new reciever...with five left over...the legend has neet dash radio station changer...so within those leftover wires i have a short...this is causing my running lights not to work...if any one has done this before some help would be great...i miss driving at night

JMac
Old 02-12-2004, 06:18 AM
mossman
Mark

Originally Posted by jmac
Hey guys...I was searching around on the web for some help with my car...i have a haynes manual for it...but it only has the integra models stuff...and i was wondering if any one had changed there stereo from the stock one(on and 86 to 89 i think those are all the same)...to something new... my problem is i have a short somewhere in the system...i have all used up all the slots for my new reciever...with five left over...the legend has neet dash radio station changer...so within those leftover wires i have a short...this is causing my running lights not to work...if any one has done this before some help would be great...i miss driving at night

JMac
Slots? Please explain your problem a little more clearly. I am sure I can help if I know exactly what you problem is.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:25 PM
jmac

Originally Posted by mossman
Slots? Please explain your problem a little more clearly. I am sure I can help if I know exactly what you problem is.
Hey, i posted this like a year ago...and as i looked at it more closely, i realized that things werent grounded correctly. the extra wire was a secondary ground i guess. so i just grounded to the cage assembly and it was as good as new. the slots were outlets for the wires. thanks for caring though. atleast you were willing to help i got other posts that said something like "you should have just spent the money and bought a harness you idiot" or something like that. I am glad i did it myself. harness adapters are just not as cool i guess.