Notices

I want to make my '87 LegendL Beautiful

Old 06-27-2003, 08:00 AM
peace23169

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to make my '87 LegendL Beautiful

Here's the deal boys and girls. I just got a p.o.s. '87 legend. But i know it can be awesome. Here's what i want to do. First off i'd like to put a new engine in it because the one it has has a warped head... any suggestions? i'm looking for something quick, i was thinking of going with the '88 2.7L, i heard it would be easy to switch out. Also, mine is an automatic, should i even bother with a conversion? i prefer standard most definitely, but if it's not worth it then oh well. Next question, making the body look good. We all know that in the 80s they loved those stupid plastic runner thingys, well i don't. What's the best way to eliminate those altogether? i know i could paint them and they might look ok but who wants stupid plastic runny things? another suggestion i've heard is bondo... lot's of bondo. i'm not so sure about this, for obvious reasons. body kits, where do i get them? i haven't done much research yet.. interior.. i gotta do somethin', it's cracked as hell.. if anyone has any pictures of that model or similar i would like to see them. just one last question, would it be worth it to try and sup up the engine, or should i stick with car stereo? Thanks guys! p.s. i'm a chick
Old 06-30-2003, 09:44 PM
vermsta

I just picked out a 90 legend for my girlfreind and personally i'm not touching it. I think it's beutiful the way it is. I liked it so much I dumped my accord and got an 86 legend. Hers is a 5 speed and mines an auto, and personally I'd never trade a legend auto for a stick any day, one reason, it seems they have a problem staying in 2nd gear. They like to pop out of 2nd gear and it's gonna cost me over 300 dollars just to replace 2nd gear that's only parts i'm doing the labor for free. I build trannies for a living and the one I bought had a blown up auto trannie that's they only way i could afford one, and even blown up in my opinion it's one of the best transmission's i've ever driven. The only think I wish it had was a manual 1st. I can't comand first. And as far as the engine goes hers is a 2.7L and mine is a 2.5L honestly I thought i had the same engine as hers when i bought mine, but I don't really feel much difference in power between the two, and mine has 280,000 miles on it and hers has only 100,000, so unless you can swap it to a 2.7l for the same price as replacing yours I wouldn't waste the money.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:28 AM
peace23169

that's pretty sweet, acuras are the best cars ever... i've been thinking about it a lot in that last week or so and i think i'm going to stick with the auto, for cost and labor reasons as well as what you said! thanks a lot! also... believe or not the 2.7L is actually $250 less than the 2.5L because of the whole supply and demand theorum.... well thanks again for the info hope to hear more!
Old 07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
marcdz1

Hi,I am a newbie also and I came across this auction on ebay. 87-90 Acura Legend C27a V6 Engine, No Reserve
Hey,guys they are selling these on ebay real cheap.I have no affiliation with them. I just came across this and decided to post it here for our fellow acura owners that need dirt cheap JDM engines. This is the stock replacement engine for the 1987-1990 Acura Legend that came equipped with the C27A. This is a low mileage engine that was imported from Japan and has less then 45,000 miles on it. The engine has been compression and leak down tested.

Don't miss this opportunity to purchase a replacement engine for your tired or broken down Acura Legend at a good price. They are going for 250.00 and I included 2 links one for parts to which you can buy intakes to headlights to engines. pretty cool

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...0+acura+legend+

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2421880896
Tripple Chrome
17 inch Alba Helix Wheels
17 Nitto tires 215/40zr-872
neon blue gauges
Alpine Cd Digital Text & Audio
Radio Deck
2-5/9 pioneer speakers
2-12" Pioneer Subs
Custom Amp
New NGK Spark Plugs