Notices

Avoid park avenue acura of maywood, nj

Old 07-16-2011, 04:17 AM
doctorrany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid park avenue acura of maywood, nj

I brought my 2005 ACURA TSX to PARK AVE ACURA (MAYWOOD, NJ) for an oil change. THEY DRAINED THE OIL BUT DIDN’T PUT ANY OIL BACK IN!!! The next day I picked the car up and drove it home 15 miles. The next time I started the engine it made a screaming/screeching noise with clunking and clicking when I hit the gas. Every time I hit the gas pedal the car would scream, click and the acceleration was minimal. I then noticed the check oil light was on. I pulled the car back in immediately and left it there.

I contacted PARK AVENUE ACURA OF MAYWOOD. The technician came out, checked the engine oil and found no oil on the dipstick. He even stated that there is no oil in the engine and had the car towed in. Oh, did I mention this was their HEAD TECHNICIAN who originally worked on my car.

The following day I received a call from the service manager Dan Phillips stating that they replaced the oil and “nothing was wrong with it, we test drove it and it’s running fine.” The car was not driven or examined for the noise prior to placing the oil in the engine. They didn’t check the engine, the fuel pump etc….. I asked them to warranty the engine for 1 to 2 years but they declined. I felt it was deplorable to have done so little after the car was towed back in given the situation. Given my limited knowledge of engines, driving the car without oil is the worst thing you can do to it. I’m also quite certain once oil is added the engine will quiet down and may even have normal pressures; however after 15 miles of highway driving without oil it is very likely that serious damage has been done. The type of damage that may not show up now, however will cost thousands of dollars in the future.

I then took the complaint up with Acura of North America. After relaying my complaints the representative sent the case to the supervisor. They contacted the dealership to ask them to warranty or replace the engine. Park Avenue Acura of Maywood declined this request. I asked Acura of North America to warranty my car themselves, and they declined. Out of frustration I am posting my story. I would appreciate all of your comments…… What else can I do? Does anyone know what else could’ve happened to my engine and maybe what I should expect in the future? For any mechanics, what can I do to assess the damage done?

Since then my car has not been the same. It bucks when I accelerate or brake and makes noise when I first start up the engine. The acceleration also seems lacking to say the least.

BOTTOM LINE: My car has always run without a hitch. After taking it in to PARK AVENUE ACURA of MAYWOOD NJ the car locked up and has not been the same since.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:30 AM
HandyFoX

Yeah, I'm calling B.S. on this entire little story you felt the need to share. And here's why.

THEY DRAINED THE OIL BUT DIDN’T PUT ANY OIL BACK IN!!! The next day I picked the car up and drove it home 15 miles. The next time I started the engine it made a screaming/screeching noise with clunking and clicking when I hit the gas. Every time I hit the gas pedal the car would scream, click and the acceleration was minimal. I then noticed the check oil light was on. I pulled the car back in immediately and left it there.
So wait. You picked your car up, with ZERO lubrication in the engine, and drove for FIFTEEN MILES before you realized your "check oil" light was on?

If your car had no oil, it would have no oil pressure, which would trip your Oil Warning light on your instrument cluster. The fact that you claimed you drove it home for fifteen miles and THEN noticed a bright red light on your dash is very hard to swallow. The fact that you only heard the noise AFTER fifteen miles and the engine was "screaming" is hard to swallow. You would have heard the effects of having no oil SECONDS after starting your engine, where you would then have the common sense to shut it down, go back inside, and find out who screwed up and how.

I would love to assess the damage, but clearly there's something more wrong with you than there will ever be with your car.

Tell the truth next time.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 PM
mwatters

Fact or fiction - all the more incentive to continue to do my own oil changes in my Honda Accord. I just love the thought of all the money I've saved over the years!
Old 04-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Luiz233

I've heard that effective software companies use development outsourcing. What do you think about it? I found one experienced company in this topic: https://startnearshoring.com/
____
rfi software template