Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

d16y7 intake aftermarket installation?

Old 06-23-2003, 04:00 PM
mugen_civic_cx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16y7 intake aftermarket installation?

hi hope you guy's can help me i got a aftermarket cold air intake that i want to install in may car but i dont know where to start i have a d16y7 engine and my intake manifold is different the my air fillter is on top of the manifold, you know what i mean right, its hard for me to explain, anyway hope you guy's can help me, and also when im going to install it what do i do with the sensor's that plug in the air box?. pls help me. i want to install it but i dont have money to pay for the labor thats why i want it to install it by my self.... thank you!
Old 06-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Tweet

I know what you're talking about, cause I have the same intake manifold that you have and it wasn't easy for me to find a intake that will fit on it. First of all you have to make sure that the end of the intake pipe (the one that's gonna attach to the intake manifold) has a curve shape, more like a Hook. Go to this link right here to see what I'm talking about http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=336821&page=6 if you're intake don't have a end like this well you gonna have to send it back and change it. Unless you wanna buy another intake manifold and a throttle body just to hook up your cold air intake.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:19 AM
mugen_civic_cx

thankx for the reply i already got it and i install it last the other day, can i as you is that your nice car, cause i got the same hook up like in your engine bay, and there i think the intake tube and the strut bar is like bumping to each other everytime i turn my engine on or if i use it my tube already have a scratch cause it keep hit the strut bar, but my intake is install tight, i just that everytime that the engine shake the tube and the bar hit each other thats why i just put a thin foam. r u haveing the same problem as mine?
Old 07-07-2003, 08:26 PM
mikespeed95

not to be rude but why are you even bothering to modify that motor? save your money and buy a twin-cam.