Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Window Rattle?

Old 06-23-2003, 06:56 AM
Josher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Rattle?

I know integras are known for their window rattle when the window is not rolled all the way up or down. They also have an annoying hatch rattle, which was fixed with electrical tape. But has anyone removed their door panels and tried to fix the window rattle? I'm just curious as to what everyone else has tried and whether its worked. Let me know. Thanks. Pics and links appreciated.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:16 PM
uclaccord

window rattle...iono bout teg's...but i know for 4th gen accords...the rattle is b/c there's this rubber like lining/guide thingy inside the door panel...it runs vertical on the side...so that when the window goes down it guides it...as far as i know honda people didn't make our cars w/ a way to keep that strip in good...so it falls out a lot...and then the window rattles...maybe i'll take a crack at fixing mine when i get time
Old 06-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

i dunno.. i have the same problem.. try posting this in the acura integra forum
Old 06-25-2003, 03:33 AM
BobDaGoOn

It's what uclaccord said. It's just a rubber lining that holds the window inplace on a track inside the door pannel. Read about it before, they took apart the door and used rubber cement to glue it back on. I should be working on thet soon. I'll try to find the link again

mike,
Old 07-04-2003, 02:28 PM
MikeR

aggreed i also red that here somewhere, but mine seems to do it the worst when the window is just cracked, say a couple of inch's? cant really figure out why it would rattle then and not when all the way down if it was the liner/insulation?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:40 AM
95lswhttegg

I have the same problem with my windows i'm scared to have them rolled down all the way cuz if i hit a bump too hard it might break or something
Old 03-08-2004, 04:06 PM
livewire

i had the same problem. I had to take the panel off the door and glue the felt back onto the metal. IT fixed the problem right up.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:36 PM
rachwalj

Default I need this part

I have 190k on my 95LS and I have this window rattle. I took the door apart to work on the felt piece and voila! its not even there.

Where can I order this / buy from someone / trade something.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:05 PM
sammyg51

Try to find a service manual that details adjusting the window and channels. Here's the gist though:

1. Remove door panel.
2. Roll window all the way up.
3. loosen the 2 bolts holding the window to the regulator, then loosen the three bolts holding the regulator to the door.
4. Push the window up and back (for front window) or up and forward (for back window).
5. Tighten the 5 bolts you just loosened.
6. Roll the window all the way down.
7. Loosen the two main bolts holding the front channel (or rear channel for the back window), and press the channel flush against the glass.
8. Tighten channel bolts.
9. Roll window all the way up and check for gaps. Make sure the window is flush. You can even spray it with a hose to see if any water gets in.
10. While you've got the door panel off, I would clean and lube the channels with silicon spray.

Your windows should be nice and smooth now.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:14 AM
renoxle
Banned

yea i removed the panel and tightened everything i could