Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Installing An Alarm On A Non-Powerlock Car

Old 06-18-2003, 09:31 PM
keefungliu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install alarm on non-powerlock car

hi, those cars don't have powerlock. can i still install alarm or keyless entry. anyone know how to install it? thanks
Old 06-21-2003, 01:26 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

yes you can install an alarm on a non powerlock car,...i did mine,...it was all about 4-5 wires (i cant remember),...it is very simple,...im guessing this is post is why 98coupeV6 PM me asking to do a how-to,..i posted a thread asking if someone wanted me to document my how to but no one answered so i didnt take pictures,..sorry,...but mainly,..all you will need to hook up is,...power and ground,...the shock sensor,...a wire will need to go to your igition wire that has power only in the "ON" position,...then your siren will need to be hooked up as well,...my siren only had apower and ground,..also if you want your lights to flash you will need to hook a wire up for that,...all these wires will be harnessed into the main module,...as for a keyless entry,..its not possible unless you have power locks,...alot of the work is done under the dash,..i made it easier for myself buy taking my driver seat out and laying on the floor,..i soldered everything for a good connection,..let me know if you need help
Old 06-21-2003, 10:49 AM
crxb16er

lol yah buddy u just leave that particular wire connected to nothing. and install all the others accordingly
Old 06-21-2003, 10:03 PM
keefungliu

so a car has no power lock. i can't install the keyless entry? so therefore the alarm only work for the sound, i still need to use the car to open the door manually?
Old 06-22-2003, 12:04 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by keefungliu
so a car has no power lock. i can't install the keyless entry? so therefore the alarm only work for the sound, i still need to use the car to open the door manually?

yes,...its not possible to install keyless entry without having powerlocks,...the alarm will just be,..well,..just an alarm,..you will still need to use the key to unlock the door,...and you will still need to lock the door manually
Old 06-22-2003, 09:13 AM
crxb16er

yeppers unless u want to put forth the extra money to buy power door lock actuators and have them installed in the doors then u can hook up ur keyless entry.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:14 PM
LALno1

how much would that cost to install power locks...general.... any car (honda acura)
Old 06-22-2003, 09:51 PM
keefungliu

do you guys know that 88-91 prelude's power lock will fit to my 86? i can buy them from junkyard and install in mine?
Old 06-23-2003, 07:21 AM
hertzy

actuators are pretty cheap.....for the doors. two wires np. comes with all the ghardware you just mount it and attach the rod to the factory door rod. It's pretty easy. Most alarms have the relays on board so the reverse polarity isn't an issue for ya. Try it, you'll see how easy it is :d
Old 06-23-2003, 07:43 AM
crxb16er

power door lock actuators run newhere from 140-300 for both