Notices

Best Snow Tires

Old 06-18-2003, 10:42 AM
LoVeAllah2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Snow Tires

In response to my old thread about the pro kit in snow, I am posting a new one. What are the best snow tires out there. What temperature should they be put on in? In other words, should I wait till December or can I put them on in late October or early November? And how exactly does this work...someone told me you only buy 2 snow tires for your front but others have told me you have to go with four...thanx 4 the help :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2003, 11:16 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Ok, please use a lighter color of font next time.

anyways on a fwd car you put snow tires on all 4 wheels. i would suggest searching tirerack.com with your size probably 195 60 15 and search snow tires and read the reviews.

i have dunlop graspic ds-1s, they are a studless ice tire like the blizzack only cheaper. i suggest you get something similar to that. just beware that they handle like shit on dry roads and wear quick and should not drive over 100mph on them. their are high performance snow tires which will perform better in the dry, but they are not as good in the snow and cost much more.

i wait till the weather man calls for snow and put them on. so that's late november early december time frame. i take them off as soon as i feel we'll have no more snow. which can be around early april.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:56 AM
sickhonda

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
Ok, please use a lighter color of font next time.
I agree...do you even read the preview of your post? :nono:
Too difficult to read and certainly hurting my eyes.

All snow tires are shitty on dry pavement, not to mention the rapid wear factor when driven on warm temperature. The best, if you can afford them, is what I recommended on your original post…BLIZZAK. I live in both NYC and Poconos, PA and I get a good share of snow ever year, plus the snow or ice covered hills I have to tackle. My recommendation is not just from my personal experience, it was also independently tested and proven to be the best snow tires in the U.S. market. The only one better is the one made for the European market, I don’t recall the name anymore, can’t get them here anyway.
Not to mention, Blizzak is the number one selling snow tires up in Canada :canada: ...that should tell you something.
Personally, I think of them as :bandito: of the North. :lmfao:

BTW, don’t waste your time looking for performance snow tires because they don’t exist. :sad:
Old 06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

^nokian are the ones you are thinking of

what model blizzack do you have? i had the original ones way back when and my parents have the MZ-02s. i don't like the ws-50s which is why i went with the ds-1s dunlops. the MZ-02s are too $$$ for me.

pirelli and micheline do make H speed rated snow tires.