Notices

Interior Mods?

Old 06-17-2003, 07:20 AM
mcucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Mods?

Hey all I got a 2002 Accord Coupe EX Manual 4 Speed. The exterior is pretty much done as far as mods. I got the black widow body kit, projector headlights, altezza painted rears, CF hood, 17" rims, aftermarket muffler, and tints. The only thing under the hood is an Injen intake. I would love to start doing the interior. Im new to the mod scene and the Accord. Any advice? Aftermarket leather? Gauges? Shift boot or knob? Any type of direction would be awesome
Old 06-17-2003, 07:46 AM
decibel_dj

well on the first you did all of that to the exterior of the car might as well add some more phonies and finish up the breathing on your car with a header and exhaust.... h:

well as for the interior, do you have a look in mind? that would help alot. guages look good but are either for show or go.. being that you only have an intake your guages would be more for show.. they help with a more aggressive race look but you dont have much "get up and go" to back up the look. aftermarket leather or even seats will give you better comfort and styling. even a carbon fiber dash kit or alumium dash kit, would help bring out the look of your car. the easiest way since i have no clue the look you want is open any import mag and take a look at what some of the feature cars have. even if your not into full blown show cars you'll get an idea of what extreme you want to go to.

lastly unless you have an automatic you have a 5speed not a 4speed
Old 06-17-2003, 07:50 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exterior sounds pretty ricey to me, no offense. We need pics.

get indiglos and some nice aftermarket leather seats, I guess. Don't go nuts on the stupid oil gauges and stuff, you don't need it.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:14 AM
neo452

Not trying to hijack the thread but where online can you get aftermarket leather?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:26 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by neo452
Not trying to hijack the thread but where online can you get aftermarket leather?
www.katzkin.com
Old 06-17-2003, 08:31 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

post pics of your exterior first ... then we'll let ya know if you're done
Old 06-17-2003, 10:27 AM
mcucci

i meant 5 speed , 4 cyclinder....sorry....the car has a clasys look to it. so i want to keep it that way inside...im leaning toward dash kit, and then maybe seats...let me get some pics for everyone.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:56 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by mcucci
i meant 5 speed , 4 cyclinder....sorry....the car has a clasys look to it. so i want to keep it that way inside...im leaning toward dash kit, and then maybe seats...let me get some pics for everyone.
Classy is not altezzas and projectors man, at least from what I've seen. Put some pics up
Old 06-17-2003, 03:42 PM
mcucci

Sorry I was at work rushin a post...but yeah 5 speed 4 cyclinder. Like i said im new to all this. I would love to do sooo much to the car but im not experienced nor have a lot money...lol...but as far as in the interior i think im heading more luxury...a dash kit, aftermarket leather, a nice audio system, shift knob etc...im just looking for some ideas for direction. As far as other mods, strut bar? springs? etc...im not sure...I dont see y you contiually have to say that my car is ricey esp since you havent seen it...some people might think that ricey is cool or their style....I was lucky enough to buy this car with all the work already done and got a great deal on it too. 2002 , 5k miles not a thing wrong...i recently tinted it and will post those pics soon. I did replace the original wing that was on the car for i felt that = ricey...but i do appreciate all comments and suggestions....heres some real bad pics that are compressed and stuff....I WELCOME SUGGESTIONS and/or COMMENTS
Old 06-17-2003, 04:32 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by mcucci
Sorry I was at work rushin a post...but yeah 5 speed 4 cyclinder. Like i said im new to all this. I would love to do sooo much to the car but im not experienced nor have a lot money...lol...but as far as in the interior i think im heading more luxury...a dash kit, aftermarket leather, a nice audio system, shift knob etc...im just looking for some ideas for direction. As far as other mods, strut bar? springs? etc...im not sure...I dont see y you contiually have to say that my car is ricey esp since you havent seen it...some people might think that ricey is cool or their style....I was lucky enough to buy this car with all the work already done and got a great deal on it too. 2002 , 5k miles not a thing wrong...i recently tinted it and will post those pics soon. I did replace the original wing that was on the car for i felt that = ricey...but i do appreciate all comments and suggestions....heres some real bad pics that are compressed and stuff....I WELCOME SUGGESTIONS and/or COMMENTS
Well about the ricey thing, I think you're a tad defensive because I sad a lot more than that. From your list of mods, they don't seem very 'classy' as you put it.

If you wanna do suspension, there was a recent thread on what to get as are there many others. You can make your car handle better than most things this side of a Cobra or Z06 with upgraded strut bars, springs, shocks and maximum performance tires (Goodyear F1 GS-D3 being the best out of the three I've used, compared to the D-lop SP9000 and Potenza S-03).