Notices

03 Accord Coupe Headlight

Old 06-14-2003, 12:09 AM
bassiccutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord Coupe Headlight

I just purchased an 03 Accord Coupe. I didn't like it at first, but over time it grew on me. I had an 89 Civic Wagon with 230,000 miles on it and it died on me last November (well, didn't really die, but needed some work done and I was ready to move on). I purchased an Audi A4 after that. I was happy with the Audi for about a week, then I realized that German cars (especially Audi/VW) aren't as good as they're hyped to be.

Going back to a Honda, I'm very happy. This car has almost all the same features of the Audi. I have 10 more Horsepower than my old Audi, and the power delivery in the Accord is so much more smooth. Many people I knew told me I was crazy to get rid of an Audi for a Honda, but it was one of the best decisions I have made as far as a car goes. I personally like the way the Accord drives MUCH more than the Audi.

Onto the subject of the post...

I'd like to do something about the headlights in my new Accord. I don't want to go with HIDs because I can't justify spending $400 on headlights, but I wouldn't mind paying $50-100 or so for a set of superwhites (PIAA?). I don't want something ricey and blue, but I'd like lights with more of a whitish color. I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for what brand/style of bulb to use. Should I replace both the high and low, or just put the superwhites in place of the low beams?

Also, what options do I have for matching the turn signal color to the headlamps? I did a friend's F250 truck last year with PIAA Superwhites and ordered replacement bulbs for the turn signals. The bulbs were very blue, and when placed in the housing they stood out like a sore thumb. When they were turned on, they looked fine, however they were significantly whiter than the headlights, and it didn't look right. I ended up putting the amber lights back in.

I'd like to avoid having blue bulbs visible on my accord if possible. What's a good way to find bulbs that match?

If anyone knows of any shops in the Los Angeles area who specializes in lighting/bulbs, please let me know.

-Mike
Old 06-14-2003, 01:15 AM
nizmugen

silvannia silverstars for headlight bulbs

for the corners and such, try www.autodynamic.com
Old 06-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a guy on here with a black 03 coupe he's done alot of nice custom stuff to it, he painted his headlamp housing gunmetal, tinted his tails, etc. if you search I'm sure you can find it its a more recent thread
Old 06-17-2003, 06:27 PM
accordvtec77

Default Re: 03 Accord Coupe Headlight

Originally posted by bassiccutz
I was happy with the Audi for about a week, then I realized that German cars (especially Audi/VW) aren't as good as they're hyped to be.

-Mike
I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did (a week). I work as a service tech for Audi/VW. Those cars are complete and utter garbage which suffer from terminal cases of over-engineering. Good choice on the Honda...I'm thinking of getting a 7th gen towards the end of the year.