Notices

some1 explain wheelmax to me!?

Old 06-13-2003, 10:06 AM
ANGRYACCORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some1 explain wheelmax to me!?

now ive read hella spit here and on hsociety about wheelmax, but here's what i dont understand." the reason their prices is so low is because the wheels they sell are knockoffs."

this seems reasonable to me, especially after wantign to buy a 5zigen copse off their site but instead of seeing "5zr" on their wheel they have "5zigen"spelled out.

so the thing is, if its well know that they're producing fakes, why hasn't racing hart or 5zigen stepped in?

damned, their prices are so low- does anyone know what tires they sell w/ their wheel packages? the 5zigen gunmetal typhoon knockoffs are lookin sweet to me.

thanks all.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:05 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

. when people talk about them selling knockoffs theyre reffering to "exel" rims and stuff. i think people in general dont like wheelmax because of their bad customer service.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:13 PM
willba

Originally posted by aux
. when people talk about them selling knockoffs theyre reffering to "exel" rims and stuff. i think people in general dont like wheelmax because of their bad customer service.
yeh, he's right. the 5zigens arent fake. theyre selling knockoffs as in imitations---katanas, exel, that kinda stuff. they're real brands but they just produce imitation rims so people that can't afford them go buy them.

when i called wheelmax, the customer service wasn't THAt bad, though. the only problem is that they dont have all the rims they say they do in stock. the internet site isn't up to date and when u try to call, they try to sell u a whole bunch of other shit along with whaetver u ask for.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:47 AM
96Vtec
Hollywood

I bought my wheels from them and I never had any problems with their service. They were delivered when they said they would be and the customer servive i received was good. Most of the packages they sell have Kuhmo or Falken tires. You can upgrade to a different brand of tire for a bit more money.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

I just bought wheels from them two days ago, and had absolutly no problems.....they were actually fantastic. The first time i called my credit card didn't go through.....so the guy (name was Leo) gave me his extention # and I called back the next day. He still gave me the one year warranty for free and tossed in free lug-nuts. Should be here by the end of next week.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:00 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by Baco95
He still gave me the one year warranty for free and tossed in free lug-nuts. Should be here by the end of next week.
That's what they said to everyone, because it comes with it

All wheelmax wheels come with 1 yr limited warranty and free BS lug nuts. Still, I would prefer buying from them since their deal are the cheapest of all.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:15 PM
smakdown

I went with tirerack over wheelmax mainly because of tire selection. Tirerack's tire selection is MUCH greater than wheelmax, but wheelmax definately has more wheel choices. It depends on whats more important to you, wheels or tires and for me I really don't care about the name printed on the wheel. Plus, tirerack has some of the friendliest customer service reps ive ever talked to.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

Originally posted by PoohBoi

That's what they said to everyone, because it comes with it
Aww....he made me feel special :wtc: :chuckles:

Originally posted by smakdown
I went with tirerack over wheelmax mainly because of tire selection. Tirerack's tire selection is MUCH greater than wheelmax, but wheelmax definately has more wheel choices
:werd: I got my tires from tirerack and just wheels from the MAX
Old 07-11-2003, 08:52 AM
bri

lugnuts are free from wheelmax? they charged me $60 for mounting and lugnuts when i bought during the july 4th sale, is that BS?
Old 07-11-2003, 07:37 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

the lugnuts should come from the wheel manufacturer themselves. b/c when i first got my racing harts a month ago (not from wheelmax) i had to send one of them back to racing hart b/c of a chip in the clearcoat on the polished lip. i had already been given a set of lugnuts with the original set of 4 wheels, but when the new wheel was sent back, i was given an individual set of lug nuts for that wheel. so wheelmax rips you off if they charge you for lugnuts. thats basically free profit without having to work for a penny.