Notices

Making my '02 accord V-6 faster

Old 06-12-2003, 05:34 AM
emontoya21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making my '02 accord V-6 faster

Hi guys...i'm a newbie to the site, but i wanted to start off by saying hello to everyone. i have searched and searched the net for stuff on how to make my accord faster...the only thing that i've done is replaced the air filter w/ a K &N filter. Other than that i'm not very knowledgeable on other things that i could do to make my accord faster and that won't be in the price range of buying a supercharger for it. Can anyone make any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it thanks!
Old 06-12-2003, 05:54 AM
jschmid

Welcome to the board.

With regular bolt ons, you'll pay quite a bit for each hp.

Best hp/$ mod is a supercharger. Since that isn't in your price range, you can do some basic bolt ons, or just start saving for a supercharger.

Cheapest hp will come from nitrous.

I'd say if you really want a fast car, you probably should sell your car and get something fast. If you love your Accord and want to keep it, you'll end up throwing a ton of money at the motor to get it to be fast.

Personally, I'd use that money on the suspension if your car is stock. For about $1K you car will handle amazingly.

Or you could spend that money on the motor and you'll gain 10hp.

For another $1-1.5K you could have some nice 18's and good rubber and with that and the drop it would look awesome.

I just think you get more for your money modifying the suspension on our cars. It's more fun to hit a twisty road and being able to fly through it leaving 99% of the cars behind you, than a quarter mile run in a 15-16 second car.

Maybe some other guys on here can give you advice about how much gain they got from intake, exhaust, pullies, etc.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:29 AM
emontoya21

Hey jschmid I really appreciate the help...really awesome car that you have there...is there any specifics as far as the suspension and all of that, that you could give me as far as brand names and such that i could buy???
Old 06-12-2003, 09:11 AM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Originally posted by jschmid

Maybe some other guys on here can give you advice about how much gain they got from intake, exhaust, pullies, etc.
I don't know if yours is a coupe but my friend, '02 V6 coupe runs 15.19sec with AEM cold air intake, header, and straight pipes(no catalytic). I agree with jschmidt, go suspension first. I've tracked a few times in my car and its fun, but honestly Accords are not meant to drag, they're slooooow. BUT it puts a smile on my face when I get out of turns faster than other people, wait till next week when I get my agx adj. and neuspeed sports on!!
Old 06-12-2003, 09:16 AM
emontoya21

Ok so suspension it is...i need some help on what to buy...yeah my car is an '02 honda accord ex-v6 help!
Old 06-12-2003, 09:26 AM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Originally posted by emontoya21
Ok so suspension it is...i need some help on what to buy...yeah my car is an '02 honda accord ex-v6 help!
back to jschmidt for that one. I'm a newb when i comes to the 6th gens. Try the "search" button and you can probably find a lot of info on what brand's good and what's not.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:47 AM
jschmid

Well there are a few options out there. I'd say get either a quality spring and shock combo or a full coilover setup like TEIN.

I have H&R sport springs and Koni adjustable (yellow) shocks.

I'd go with springs such as H&R, Neuspeed, Eibach. They all offer a couple different height springs. They all make a "sport" spring that lowers 1.-2-1.8 and a race spring that lowers 2.2 or so.

I'd upgrade the shocks as well...there are a few options out there. The Koni's I have are great, probably the most performance oriented shock. It's also the most expensive.

I've heard good things about Tokico illuminas, and KYB AGX as well.

Another nice thing about having a 98-02 Accord is that because it's the same chassis at the TL, you can get the TL-S upper front strut bar and TL-S rear sway bar to increase handling as well, at a great price. There are aftermarket bars as well if you want to check them out.

Anyway, I'd do a couple searches here on the board on each spring and shock made for our cars, and see you think sounds good for your car. Visit the following sites:
www.hrsprings.com
www.neuspeed.com
www.eibach.com
www.koni.com
www.tokicogasshocks.com
www.kyb.com
http://www.tein.com/

Check out my site by clicking the link in my signature for some pics and info about my suspension setup.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:52 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

okay ... the AV6's are never fast off the line, BUT ... with simple bolt-ons, i've completely extended my high end torque range. my major mods are ...

aem short ram with custom ram air piping

and

comptech axel back exhaust system

i really feel the differance from 30-50, and from 55-80, it's all the j30 block taking over.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
xawax

SUPERCHARGE IT!!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 05:08 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by xawax
SUPERCHARGE IT!!!!!
AND BLOW THE TRANSMISSION TO HELL!!!!