Notices

ok, WE are going to design/fabricate a good N/A header for F series people

Old 06-09-2003, 10:39 PM
kentucky accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, WE are going to design/fabricate a good N/A header for F series people

* i posted this anywhere thought it would get attention*

i cant be the only one that is noticing the demand for a decent header in the F series application. when peoples' first move on a new header is cutting off the collector and welding on a 2.5" piece, this is grounds for making a change around here.
i for one would love more than anything for there to be support in the aftermarket of F series like there is for B/H series, but there just isnt.

im going to need input from you people on what you want from the header, low-mid range, more up top, function over fashion, etc. i want any type of feedback you can give me.

im going into this full-bore w/ a close friend and fabricator who builds turbo manifolds, turbo systems, roll cages, the works. he wanted to build one for my race car about 6 months ago but i just brushed it off and said, "eh maybe later." well, this IS later and the time is NOW. i want a good header damnit, lol.

c'mon people shoot me some input, i already have lots of ideas on my own but i like feedback.

thanks!

C. Smith
Louisville, KY
Fastest All Motor F22 in the country.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:37 PM
nizmugen

greddy, DC and neuspeed make F series headers
Old 06-10-2003, 03:24 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by nizmugen
greddy, DC and neuspeed make F series headers
yes but not with a 2.5 inch collector.

the problem is there is little demand for such an item. hell there is no mass produced 2.5 inch collector header for H22s which gain big power from it. SMSP, is making one for the H22, but are you willing to shell out about $1,200 for it. not many H22 owners will shell that money out, so i doubt accord owners will. besides, the f22 will probably not benefit that much from it to justify the cost.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:03 AM
skabone69

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
yes but not with a 2.5 inch collector.

the problem is there is little demand for such an item. hell there is no mass produced 2.5 inch collector header for H22s which gain big power from it. SMSP, is making one for the H22, but are you willing to shell out about $1,200 for it. not many H22 owners will shell that money out, so i doubt accord owners will. besides, the f22 will probably not benefit that much from it to justify the cost.
I agree, unless this header creates 10hp, it won't be really worth it. Show us some dyno charts once you finish up fabricating, and testing it.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:33 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

I want function over fashion. I am guessing with the CAI and 2.25 exhaust I have I should be getting some really good high end so low to mid range seems good. It would be sweet if you could get low to high end power.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:48 AM
decibel_dj

well that would have to be in teh design then
4-2-1 = low/mid power band gains
4-1 = mid/high power band gains

i'd take the preformance ova fashion cuz any shop and chrome plate it or just polish it for that show look down the line.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:58 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

so 4-2-1 is low to mid. does the exhaust add on for the mid to high? I never understood really where each gain went. like an intake I am guess add on mid to high, headers are either or, and exhaust is mid-high?
Old 06-10-2003, 06:04 AM
decibel_dj

axle back = low/mid gains
cat back = mid/high gains

thats why getting the right combo of parts helps with power gains. alot of times when they show dyno charts of their products you have to look at what the other parts are adding too. i wanted low end power gains since i didnt have a choice header wise (4-2-1 only avaible for accords ) so i got an axle back w/ custom piping to increase my low end power. i'd give up the high end gain to have the power off the line
Old 06-10-2003, 06:18 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Thanks. much needed info.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:21 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by skabone69
I agree, unless this header creates 10hp, it won't be really worth it. Show us some dyno charts once you finish up fabricating, and testing it.
if its not 10whp on the EX model then its not worth the money. cuz you can gain 10whp on the DX that would be like a 2-4whp gain on the EX (since the stock header has a better design on the EX versus DX models)