Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

HELP?!? Replacing factory tweeters in Civic

Old 06-09-2003, 08:56 AM
RednasSir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP?!? Replacing factory tweeters in Civic

I am looking to replace my factory speakers in a 2000 Civic Ex. I purchased the JBL GTO605c components for the front doors and want to use the JBL tweeters in the factory location. I was wondering how these factory tweeters can be replaced so that the original mounting can still be used.

Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:27 AM
crxb16er

u just remove the old ones and put in the new.... if they dont fit exactly u just drill new holes?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:31 AM
RednasSir

Default Don't like drilling.

I really wanted to stay away from drilling into my door panels. I like where the factory tweeters are mounted (beside the side view mirrors) and really wanted to keep them there. Is this going to be impossible with aftermarket speakers? Thanks for all of your help!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:31 PM
crxb16er

nah ur just screwing them into place if the holes dont match up exactly u just make new ones, its very simple, do u already have it all open? u will be able to put them in exactly the same location
Old 06-09-2003, 12:34 PM
RednasSir

I haven't yet attempted the dismantle yet. Looking for a good weekend when this damn rain will stop. That sounds good to me. You have been a great help with this. I think I am in for a lot more than I bargained for... I am excited about the final sound though.... 300+ miles a week needs a good sounding system.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:38 PM
crxb16er

i agree with needing a good sound system, just be careful when u take off the door panels and dont hurt the sides any, its a breeze once u get them off, u'll see how to mount the same ones in the same spot once they are off. the hardest part is getting them off and on without damaging them. we accidentally cracked my friends drivers side door panel on the back trying to pry it too hard, but its not really noticable.