Notices

2003 accord after market spoiler

Old 06-09-2003, 08:43 AM
whiteaccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 accord after market spoiler

I bought an after market spoiler and installed it. My installation went perfect but after I washed the car, I noticed the color is not queit the same. It looks like the spoiler is lighter and brighter then the car's. My car color is white.

Do you think it is because of the poor paint job or because my car is 6 months older and the color faded out a little bit?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Iambuzzed

I also looking into installing an aftermarket spoiler. How much did you pay and did you install at the dealer?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:51 AM
whiteaccord

I did it myself with an assistance (my wife). My installation is better than at the dealer, I think?.

I paied $190 (included shipping) on ebay.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:47 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2003 accord after market spoiler

Originally posted by whiteaccord
I bought an after market spoiler and installed it. My installation went perfect but after I washed the car, I noticed the color is not queit the same. It looks like the spoiler is lighter and brighter then the car's. My car color is white.

Do you think it is because of the poor paint job or because my car is 6 months older and the color faded out a little bit?
Definitely because of the poor paint job. I installed an OEM underbody kit on my car after 3 years and it matched very well. This is why you get factory spoilers.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:41 AM
decibel_dj

:wopics:
kinda defleats the thread
my guess would be its the manufactor or color code of the paints that are off.. not really the age of the car