Notices

o2 sensor problems

Old 06-08-2003, 07:16 PM
VTEC2NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor problems

Hi all, Im new to the forum and I have a question. The engine light on my Accord came on a few months back and I have also noticed a decrease in the cars gas mileage since then also. I used to have an exhaust on it but when I got my new car I gave the Accord to my mother so I took it off. I still occasionally drive it and I have noticed that the gas mileage has decreased as if it still had the exhaust on it. Has anyone had problems with there sensors on there 94-97 Accord ? Or does this sound like a sensor problem or something else, Thanks in advance. . .
Old 06-09-2003, 01:25 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default k my mind went blank but

k u can try autozone they check that for free and tell u the problem, it sounds like the oxygen sensors need to b replace , u supposed to replace then every 60k miles or aorund there i just did mine and i notice the diff n gas, plus if that is the problem make sure u fix it quick because ur catalyst can get damage by that if that is the problem and thats a lot of $$$.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:41 AM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

you can ohm out the o2 sensor and check the voltage for it coming off the computer. You'll have to get the bare specifics from the manual though.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:56 PM
VTEC2NV

Do you guys have a ballpark figure on how much I should expect to pay for them and how many sensors there are that may need to be replaced to fix this problem ? Thanks