Notices

Anyone running a Nuespeed Shift Adapter?

Old 06-08-2003, 04:34 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a Nuespeed Shift Adapter?

I had previously run a B&M shift adapter kit on my 2000 coupe, the unit itself was wonderful. It had a bearing to replace the shift cable bushing and it shortened shifts about an inch--very solid shifts.

Unfortunately, it hit the top of the console cover and underside of the shift boot in 5th and Reverse gears. I eventually installed the woodgrain console insert and installed a new boot with my new lude shift knob. Anyhow--I removed the kit to prevent cracking the console cover as the B&M kit did.

Does the Nuespeed adapter interfer at all with the console?
How about the DC sports kit?

-Thanks.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:07 AM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

i had no problems with my B&M adapter..... it was not hiting anything, and it shortened the throws... i like it..
Old 06-09-2003, 01:49 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Wow--Gee--Wonderful, are you using it on a 98+ Accord or are you running it on a Gen5?
Old 06-10-2003, 09:41 AM
DarkSideAccord

Originally posted by MrChad
Wow--Gee--Wonderful, are you using it on a 98+ Accord or are you running it on a Gen5?
6 gen
Old 06-10-2003, 04:14 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

how does it not hit?
B&M told me they know it hits. I've tried to install it even differently it hits-- They instruct to cut the center console cover. The bracket and bolt holding in the bearing hit the console and uderside of the boot. Did you remove your console for good?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:18 AM
DarkSideAccord

the adapter doesn't hit anything at all... i know some1 who bought an adapter off ebay and it hits the console cover... he had to leave the cover off for good... mine has no probs at all... i can completely close the cover and still no hitting... i have a pix of my adapter if u want.. it's at www.cardomain.com/id/darksideaccord .... u can find it under the performance page..... lemme know if u need more help.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Veto

Originally posted by DarkSideAccord
... i know some1 who bought an adapter off ebay and it hits the console cover... he had to leave the cover off for good... mine has no probs at all...
I made the mistake of purchasing a generic adapter for my 6th gen and ran into the same issues as you did.
So far I haven't gotten around to fixing that clearance issue yet.....I know exactly what you're talking about (Chad)...5th and reverse have become a chore now. It was worse till I cut off the end of one of the screws but the darn thing still won't clear. I plan on either cutting the console and fabricating a custom boot and trim or dremel the adapter so that it clears....from the looks of it you probably don't need to dremel that much.

The neuspeed kit has no issues as far as I've seen but it does cost a grip.

The DC SPorts has had some clearance issues too, but only a few.

Also, no need to get an attitude over someone elses reply, lets keep it civil here, he was only stating that his works.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:00 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

That is the exact adapter that I have.

However, how do you get yours to fit like that?
Mine, mounts perfectly vertical.

In your pic it shows the rear most part of the plate that is sappose to be flush against the shifter stock at a 45' angle.
How does it not rotate up and hit the shifter when you go into 1,3,5 and then pull back down in 4, R?

Appears your shifter linkage bracket has more clearence between the arm and welded bolt then was intended.

By mounting yours in the shown configuration how do you have shorter shifts. The angle between the cable and arm pivot isn't much better then stock. The higher you mount the cable on the shifter the shorter the throw.

I'll take a picture of mine later and show you what I mean. I even have the original B&M instructions indicating the vertical mounting. {I purchased my adapter from Summit Racing in Akron (6/15/2000), so I highly doubt it's a knock-off in the original B&M strink wrap.}

Thanks for the pic. I was afraid B&M made a different shifter later on. Evidently my issues are not unique. If you call their tech support they will relate the same issues for both Accords and Ludes, and instruct cover mutalation:madfawk: . Dumbass B&M--had the large structural part of the adapter beem on the right side it wouldn't hit.

Perhaps if I grind down the base of my adapter I can mount it like yours. The throw will be longer but at least I'll have the firm no rubber bushing feel of B&M shift adapter bearing.

Again thanks for the pic. lol--sorry for jumping to assumptions earlier.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:45 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Woo-Hoo! Dark Side Accord is the man :woowoo:

Well bye installing the kit incorrectly per B&M's kit it doesn't pop the cover up anymore. Still kinda nudges it some but at least I can once again use my shift kit.

Well, I guess I don't care about the Nuespeed shifter now :P
Old 06-12-2003, 01:03 PM
DarkSideAccord

glad to help... and i installed it according to the instructions... dunno y ur instructions were different... glad to help tho...