Notices

6 gen accord h22a swap wiring info help!

Old 06-08-2003, 11:02 AM
yun cheezie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 gen accord h22a swap wiring info help!

weel, i finally got around to doing my swap this weekend (june 7). i need some help, as detailed as you can, with certain components/senors wiring. i have three major to me, but probably minor to you questions to ask. i guess i'll get the easiest one out of the way...

first of all, i have a 2000 accord coupe lx 4cyl (f23) 5sp swapping in a 93 JDM h22a w/ JDM p13 ecu obd1.

(1) where is the temp gauge sending unit on the f23 block (not the 2 pin ECT sensor, but the single pin sensor that's suppose to be next to it). on the f23 block there is a factory installed brass looking plug where the temp gauge sending unit/sensor is supposed to be? i've even looked in the helms serv manu for its location and it doesn't specify. i'm using my stock accord harness, and there isn't a plug on it in order to connect it to h22a temp sending unit sensor. do i have to straight wire it to the ecu or am i overlooking something? i'm even wondering if the f23 ECT sensor has a temp sending unit function built in to it?????

(2) the f23 has an eacv (elec air ctrl valve) while the h22 has an iacv (idle air ctrl valve). the f23 eacv has a 3 pin plug (wire colors: 1-blk/blu 2-yel/blk 3-blk) and the h22 iacv has a 2 pin plug (wire colors: 1-blk/blu 2-yel/blk). do i need to lose the 3-blk wire located in the 3-pin eacv connector on my f23 harness, and just match the other 2 wires according to their color code (i know it's simple, but just wana make sure. a stupid mistake could risk frying my ecu if you know what i mean hehe!)

(3) last, and probably the hardest to me off all....EGR system! the f23 motor has a 5-pin connector (1-yek/blk 2-wht/blk 3-grn/blk 4-blk 5-pink) "full electronically controled" egr valve..."no vacuum/line operation" of any sort. the h22 has a 3-pin egr conncetor (1-red/wht 2-wht/blk 3-grn/wht) "vacuum operate" egr valve, a 2-wire (1-blk/yel 2-red) egr ctrl solenoid valve and a egr vacuum ctrl valve. i know how to hook up and run all of the vacuum lines but how do i wire in the h22 egr valve and ctrl solenoid using my f23 harness? if you notice, both egr systems consist of 5 wires totalled. but when comparing them to the helms etm, their functions seem to differ. please help, i dont wanna leave it disconneted because is will eventually cause prededination and possible put a hole in my piston(s). not cool at all, hehe!

you can also email me at: young_chance@hotmail.com

ps. to those on lookers, your help is appreciated as well. I'VE ALREADY SEARCH "ALL" OTHER FORUMS, THESE QUESTIONS ARE SPECIFIC AND ARE NOT LOCATED WITH IN THEM.

yun cheezie fo sheezie

"after this swap, i plan to have full documentation with pix for to put an end of the "gaps of info" for all of us 6gen h22a accords!"
Old 06-08-2003, 03:26 PM
SIGMA CHI GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I really can't answer any of those questions. Jeremy Lookofsky built and swapped in a h22 into my 6th gen Accord and believe me, it was NO straight drop in. Driver side mount, front engine mount, to name a few things had to be fabricated. Quite a bit of custom work to be done especially since I am boosting it. Anways, do you have the motor in your engine bay already? I haven't had my car since Xmas of 2002 and its already 6 months. However, I am supposed to get it back this week. What fuel management system are you running? I went with a Hondata S200 with boost for mine and it dyno-ed at 265 to the wheels on only 8 lbs of boost. I went with a p28 ECU with an OBD I to OBD II conversion harness. My car is a 1998 Honda Accord 4 cylinder (f23) and I swapped in a 95 JDM h22. Good luck man!! Its been a long and tiring process for me to say the LEAST!