Notices

new here

Old 06-07-2003, 07:37 AM
zeropunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here

first off i'm new here, and don't know much about modifying a car I just know my basics. well I have a 96 civic that was given to me a while back, so recently I added I/H/E but now I'm not sure where to go now maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:19 AM
96GreenCivic

Welcome!
I have a 96 Civic Ex. When you added the I/H/E, does the extra "noise" make it into the cabin? I haven't done it yet b/c I drive long distance sometimes and I don't want the constant drone. Anyway, back to your inquiry, just do what you like but keep it simple. Pretty much everyone here likes clean simple looks. Did you want to work on the engine more or the exterior/ interior more? Either way it's up to you and have fun tuning. Do you have any pics? Welcome again noob!
Old 06-07-2003, 08:25 AM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

welcome aboard
Old 06-07-2003, 08:44 AM
cobbcustomz

:wavey: welcome to the board
Old 06-07-2003, 09:01 AM
zeropunk

I wanted to work on the engine a little more or I think i'll drop it a little and throw some rims on it first I really haven't decided. To answer your question greencivic the noise is not bad at all from the cabin. With the radio on I can't even notice it.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:08 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello and welcome.... Its always safe to go with lowering springs/shocks (i group them together because you should get both at the same time) and wheels first. Theyre *relatively* cheap and perfectly reliable... Engine work is more of a big endeavor, and it'll take plenty of research and thought to figure out exactly what you want to do--there are tons of options. Do like I did--nice suspension, nice brakes, and then start saving for the power you know you'll eventually want.:thumbup:
Old 06-07-2003, 10:15 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

what are you after...

show car
drag racing
autox

that would help us help you..
Old 06-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Ronin

First off ,welcome to the board

Second, the first thing you should do before post stuff on this board is use the search feature. Usually you can find your answer and some people get annoyed when the same question is posted by three different people.

Third, What about a free flow cat to match your I/H/E. That way you won't have any restrictions. I also agree that lowered springs and shocks are a good thing to do next. Also you didn't actually state if your civic was an Lx,Dx,or EX. If it is a an LX/Dx you can swap in An Ex intake manifold and get rid of that god aweful vertical Throttle body.

Fourth, the are some companies to stay away from like APC, matrix and more that i can't think of right now

Last, welcome to the board again

ronin
Old 06-07-2003, 11:13 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Ronin

Fourth, the are some companies to stay away from like APC, matrix and more that i can't think of right now

....ractiv, toucan, um....
Old 06-07-2003, 11:15 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

....tenzo R, pacesetter.....