Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

seat belt...

Old 06-06-2003, 02:34 PM
tunda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt...

My driver side seat belt wont pull in or out (know what i mean?)...the "retractor" or what ever makes the seat belt go back in must be broken....wondering how i can take off the panel to fix it...it broke before then started to work again...now its broke again and its ANNOYING!!! thanks....

92 cx hatch BTW...
Old 06-07-2003, 08:04 AM
crxb16er

ur seat belt has a system that makes it not pull out when it recognizes ur car pitching forward something is probably wrong and its recognizing that condition, just because its a seat belt thing i wouldnt suggest working on it urself, i'll pull out my books tonight see if its an easy procedure, but id hate to see it not work when needed. i'll post more tonight if i come up with diagrams or nething.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:08 AM
96GreenCivic

I would take it to a Honda Dealer and see what they say. They may fix it for free since it is a safety issue. IMO
Old 06-07-2003, 09:33 AM
crxb16er

Originally posted by 96GreenCivic
I would take it to a Honda Dealer and see what they say. They may fix it for free since it is a safety issue. IMO
nah on a newer car they would in a second on a 92 their gonna charge u for sure.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:51 AM
tunda

i mean there is like nothing....dosent pull out cuz its all out and hanging all over the place....i dunno im pissed....another problem i found was a couple days ago...when i turn right with the right signal like on....turning the steering wheel back hard cause the left blinker to come on....now that is ass!!!!! so imma go to the shop and get both of those things fixed up...thanks alot peace
Old 06-09-2003, 06:22 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Check the dealer, anyway.... the warranty guide for my Prelude says lifetime unlimited mileage warranty on seat belts and mechanisms.