Notices

Could someone recommend a decent price/brand of shocks for 94 civic?

Old 06-06-2003, 01:20 PM
djdafreund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone recommend a decent price/brand of shocks for 94 civic?

I wondered if someone could help me recommend a decent brand/quality at a great price for a '94 civic? Now that i got everything else under the hood done and suspention done and interior, and sound system, the only thing i got left to do is shocks. I already have Neuspeed Race springs (2"front-2 1/2"rear) and front/rear camber kits at home ready to be installed on my car (17" rims with TOYO 205/45 tires). I was told since my car has 98k miles on it,even though it's ALL hwy mileage and has been COMPLETELY kept up with in care) that it would be better for me to get new shocks to put on in the process of dropping my ride. Also since that way i could take my springs and the shocks to a shop and have them put them on for a small price and still have my ride to take me there and back in the meantime, also i've been told that aftermarket shocks that are available for people that lower there ride's to still give you a comfortable ride.

I am slightly tight for cash, so i can't afford any really nice stuff right now just because of a name brand more so then getting similar quality still. Maybe $200-$300 tops for a set of 4. I've gotten some not-so-known name brand stuff before (not too proud), and have still been plenty satisfied, that's why i'm not real picky just because it might not been APEX brand or such (hopefully you know what i mean by this.) and still performs really good.

Maybe someone could recommend a decent price they've seen something for somewhere? I've seen Dropzone's line coming out which is tailor made for lowered cars and provides a nice comfortable ride for (the guy said) $200, then looked on there site and it said $299, which if that's what i have to do, that's what i have to spend, but there not available yet until another 2 months or so. I've had my springs and camber kits in my garage now for almost 1 1/2 months stairing me in the face saying "PUT ME ON!!!" hahaha. Anyone got idea's or links on great price's for shocks for lowered ride's? Thanxs.
I like this site so far compared to other's i've been using. I just discovered this one. I'll have to post pictures/car spec's when i get home from work (On computer at work now,shhhh!!!) I've done a lot so far interior, and exterior. Still have some to go.

I've seen this-

1994-2001 INTEGRA 1992-2000 CIVIC & 1990-1997 ACCORD

SPRINGTECH SUSPENSION STRUTS ARE ENGINEERED AND DESIGNED FOR THE ENTHUSIAST DEMANDING A SMOOTH WELL HANDLING CAR. THESE STRUTS WILL WORK WITH STOCK AND LOWERED VEHICLES. THEY ARE SPORT VALVED, SO YOU WILL NOTICE A SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT IN RIDE QUALITY AND VEHICLE CONTROL. THESE STRUTS ARE GAS CHARGED TO ELIMINATE FADE UNDER EXTREME DRIVING CONDITIONS. ST HAS DESIGNED EACH STRUT TO BE A DIRECT BOLT ON TO YOUR VEHICLE

for $149.99 for all 4, and there gas shocks which are good. I'm just not sure about the namebrand or if that's a good price or not?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:55 PM
veen
Seņor Member

i got kyb agx adjustable shocks for my 00 coupe. www.tirerack.com, the set was around $250, and theyre adjustable so you can have a comfortable ride with the turn of a knob. as far as installation, DIY, thats the most affordable way. the ride of the kybs is very nice and sporty.....also ive heard to stay away from tockico
Old 06-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Realm730

Go on ebay they have good prices on all kinds of brands.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:14 PM
djdafreund

Yeah, that's where i saw the SPRINGTECH SUSPENSION STRUTS for $149. I didn't know if to get them , cause i wasn't sure if they were junk and would start to go bad in a year or two. I've always been told you get what you pay for, even though i've a few times gotton more then i paid for for even less, so i take that rule with a grain of salt. I don't know much about shocks though, so i could really use some help here from some knowledgable people.

BTW- 2Fast2Furious i thought was better then the 1st. Much better storyline, longer, almost as much racing if not more, and nicer lookin woman in it too. Not in that order of course. A little more comedy in it too making it a little more fun then the 1st which i thought they tried to be too serious which actually made it kinda funny. And Vin Diesel wasn't in it. Good thing, since his ego grew faster then the NOS on his car, he should've taken then offer and not been so cocky to ask for so much money after only 1 good movie he did. Oh, my bad, i forgot Pitch Black My two cents worth anyway.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:59 AM
smudge

This is my 93 hatch w/ 17" rims(205/40/17), Koni yellows & Neuspeed race springs.(i get pulled over for being to low )

They gave an alright ride but you may have rubbing troubles w/ 45 series tires.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:26 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a word of advice.... If you've never heard of the brand before, theres probably a reason. And if its $150 for all four shocks, its definitely crap. You get what you pay for. Some pretty decent reasonably priced shocks would be KYB AGX, Tokico Blues(non-adjustable) or Illuminas, bilstein (although a bit pricey), and Koni (also a bit on the expensive side).

I have Koni yellows and theyre absolutely fantabulous... I used to have Tokico Illuminas and they were pretty good too. AGX is pretty much the cheapest adjustable, and Tokico blues are pretty decent non-adjustable shocks. You could probably get Blues or AGX somewhere around your $300 price range on ebay or groupbuycenter.com... just don't get some cheap crap you've never heard of.... sounds like you have a nice ride, don't fuk it up by putting garbage on it.

:edit: and there are some things you can get away with non-name brand stuff (as you mentioned) shocks are not one of those things.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:30 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by djdafreund

BTW- 2Fast2Furious i thought was better then the 1st. Much better storyline, longer, almost as much racing if not more, and nicer lookin woman in it too. Not in that order of course. A little more comedy in it too making it a little more fun then the 1st which i thought they tried to be too serious which actually made it kinda funny. And Vin Diesel wasn't in it. Good thing, since his ego grew faster then the NOS on his car, he should've taken then offer and not been so cocky to ask for so much money after only 1 good movie he did. Oh, my bad, i forgot Pitch Black My two cents worth anyway.
BTW... good idea to keep this crap out of legitimate threads... go to the basement(off topic forum) if you want to talk about movies and stuff.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:58 AM
djdafreund

yeah, the 2F2F comment was a BTW only, i was just wanting to comment my 2 cents worth. Won't happen again-haha. I appreciate your response. That's the advice i was looking for. I don't know jack about brands with car parts (mostly shocks) so your help is really appreciated. Thank again. Your right about not wanting to f*ck up my nice ride with cheap parts. I can wait a little longer to buy the nicer brand part when it means it will last and work properly. I'm not THAT much in a hurry to risk that. Thank again for the tips.:thumbup: