Notices

Bubbles in coolant??

Old 06-06-2003, 07:22 AM
BiggNick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubbles in coolant??

Wzup guys, I seem to have a bit of a problem. I just replaced my radiator via Haynes manual but after I installed it,replaced coolant,bled the air,and started the engine I could see bubbles in my coolant resevoir. I tryed to add coolant to the radiator until the a stedy stream comes out of the air bleed bolt but the radiator just fills up. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Any and all help appreciated
Old 06-06-2003, 10:34 AM
TypeSH

the system i believe self-bleeds itself right? try checking it again now. The first time or two should result in the system bleeidng the air out automatically.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:57 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

As long as your temp gauge isn't out of normal you're good. The system will eventually be bubble free. Give it some time--if you see that the temp is going way high, then a bubble might be stuck in the thermostat--other then that you're cool. Just run the heater, check the coolant for a bit, let the coolent cycle and you should be fine.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:36 AM
BiggNick

My manual says to loosen the air bleed bolt and add coolant to the radiator until a steady, bubble-free stream of coolant streams out of the top of the bolt, but before I could get a steady stream of coolant to come from the top of the bolt the radiator fills up- thus not allowing me to add more coolant. ( Does anyone understand what I'm babbling about?)Thanx for the help guys