20.00%
Msd blaster coil and dist cap $80
40.00%
Neither
20.00%
Both
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

HyperGround Kit vs. MSD blaster coil and dist Cap.

Old 06-06-2003, 04:27 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HyperGround Kit vs. MSD blaster coil and dist Cap.

I am trying to decide which would be better, the MSD blaster 2 coil and the EX Cap or the hyperground kit. Trying to see what would be worth the money. I have read the gains that the hyperground kit received and damn they were pretty strong on some, but of course a stronger spark means more efficiency. I need your guys opinion. My car only has 70,200 miles on it so I am guessing my ground is still good. No sound system really just going to upgrade interior speakers.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:18 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

the grounding kit you can do yourself buy just buying some amp wire and some crimp ends, total would be like $20.

the blaster coil is most likley a waste since honda ignitions are very good until you want turbo or some seriuos n/a engine work. it's not very expensive either and if you plan on a USDM H22 swap would be nice to have already since USDM h22s are external coil and F22b1 accords are internal coil.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:28 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

so I am guessing you sayig do neither and use the money for something else? you don't the the coil would some out the idle.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:27 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

I did the coil and distributor on my 94, it made a big difference... for power and gas mileage... I can beat on the car and still average 28-30 mpg per tank.

my car will also smoke a civic SI and a GSR... so, that says something for the power gain.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:10 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

^well i have never heard of someone gaining that much power from a full MSD ignition let alone just a blaster coil and cap. i would guess that maybe your internal ignition coil and cap/rotor were probably junk. for the most part unless you have seriuos mods an ignition gets you a tad better mpg and a more consistent spark at higher rpms which may help you .1 or so in the 1/4 mile. there are people running mild turbo setups on stock ignition. i think that says something about honda ignitions.

have you run your car at the track? i have seen SI's with stock or bolt-ons run between 15.5-16.2 in the 1/4 mile. GSR's with a capable driver are a tad quicker. the best i accord i have seen was a 16.2 for 95 5sp Ex coupe with just an intake. the best they can usually run is a high 15. if you smoked them, then i would venture to guess they are sucky ass drivers or your a car driving god. the race should be very close and if they are good drivers should spank your ass once they get on the hi cam in 2nd and 3rd gear.