Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

93 civic axles

Old 06-05-2003, 08:47 PM
davekaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 civic axles

hey all,

i'm replacing the axle (driveshafts) on my car.
i have removed one, but am having trouble with the 2nd one (passenger side)
the problem is simple. the outer cv-joint is stuck in the wheel hub where all the splines are. it's like it must be totally rusted together. on the other side, after disassembling part of the suspension, i was able to slide out the axle from the wheel hub easily. but on this side, it is stuck.
do you have any suggestions for breaking it free? should i take a sledge to it to pound it out?? (i've already tried a hammer, and sprayed some WD-40 like stuff on it)

thanks,
dave
Old 06-06-2003, 01:25 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm dont know exactly what ur looking at, but once u remove the lower control arm from the hub it should be able to slide out of ur way making it so u just pull the axle out of the transmission, if the axle is stuck in the hub and the hub is able to slide away then YES something is stuck, if ur replacing the axle is suggest banging on that as much as u want just make sure u dont damage nething in the process, take a look at the one axle u did get out and see what might possibly be binding the other one in.