Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Need wiring expertise!

Old 06-05-2003, 07:31 PM
baker2_420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need wiring expertise!

Where is a good place to tap in to the dash lighting on a 98 Integra LS. As well as a switched 12 volt source. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-06-2003, 01:15 PM
crxb16er

im guessing ur question is where to tap into a 12 volt wire, that is only on when ur car is on? and turns off when ur car is off? u can tap right off the ignition wire of ur car, if u want u can then add a toggle switch if u like to turn it on and off, when u break into the wire harness underneath ur dash you will see one set of wires (about 4 wires in the particular sleeve) with a white wire with a black stripe, will be the biggest wire down there (some wires are the same size but none will be larger), u can tap directly into that one, and the power will only be turned on when ur key is turned to the on position. i think that answers ur question if not let me know.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:42 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

or you can just tap into your fuse box,..use your radio fuse,..or even tap into the cigarette lighter wire
Old 06-09-2003, 08:04 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

I was looking at my fuse box yesterday, and noticed, 2 unused location, that a fuse can be fitted to.

They were both for day-time running lights (canada only).

So, potentially on USDM cars, that would be a nice clean place to tap.

I need to get around to just popping in a fuse, and seeing if it gives me day-time running lights, that would be interesting.

:edit: whups that's on a 99 civic EX

-PHiZ