Notices

lug nut conversion

Old 06-05-2003, 03:33 PM
onebadassdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lug nut conversion

hey, the civic/integra type r wheels have caught my eye and i wanna convert my 4 lugs to 5 lugs...any idea how i would go about this?
Old 06-05-2003, 05:56 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

You need to locate the front knuckles/discs/rotors/calipers and the rear trailing arms/discs/rotors from an ITR/CTR. Conversions usually cost 1200-1500. Some include the wheels/tires.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:05 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by asiandoood
You need to locate the front knuckles/discs/rotors/calipers and the rear trailing arms/discs/rotors from an ITR/CTR. Conversions usually cost 1200-1500. Some include the wheels/tires.
That really worth it though?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

To me it isn't "worth" it, but some people like it for the bling factor and the bigger brakes. Some do it so they can get rims that they like that only come in 5lug.

IMO, if you are doing it for the better braking, you're better off spending your money on an aftermarket big brake kit or something to that manner.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:16 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by randomtask77
That really worth it though?

IMO...no. Not for over 1k.

Although you are getting 11.2 fronts and 10.2 rear discs, for 1200 you can get a really nice big brake conversion. Although I do like the OEM factor and that you can get more choices in terms of performance wheels and "Spoon calipers" h:
Old 06-05-2003, 06:25 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

But either way, if one decides to get a big brake kit (front and back) or a 5 lug conversion wouldn't they have to buy wheels for the car anyways? So basically it comes down to spending 2-3k total for this mod, right? Probably worth it if you're in the market for new wheels and in need of a brake job...
Old 06-05-2003, 06:30 PM
onebadassdx

hmm...all of the sudden ti doesn't sound like such a good idea. thanks for all the help
Old 06-05-2003, 06:34 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by onebadassdx
hmm...all of the sudden ti doesn't sound like such a good idea. thanks for all the help
Sorry mang. Didn't really intend for you to steer clear from this mod. I guess talking about the cost kinda made you lose interest. At least you have an idea of what is involved before you actually invested in it.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:49 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by randomtask77
But either way, if one decides to get a big brake kit (front and back) or a 5 lug conversion wouldn't they have to buy wheels for the car anyways? So basically it comes down to spending 2-3k total for this mod, right? Probably worth it if you're in the market for new wheels and in need of a brake job...

That is true.

I'm kinda torn between aftermarket big brake upgrades and the 5 lug conversion. If I can find a good set of ITR brakes/wheels, I'd jump on it. I'm all about OEM stuff. OEM quality is best in my personal opinion.

The other thing people forget is upgrading the Master Cylinder and Booster. Bigger calipers/pistons need more fluid.

That is why I jumped onto the GSR brake conversion. The stopping power is good enough for a B series swap.

Although it'd be nice to have an ITR setup for future horsepower
Old 06-05-2003, 07:00 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by asiandoood
That is true.

I'm kinda torn between aftermarket big brake upgrades and the 5 lug conversion. If I can find a good set of ITR brakes/wheels, I'd jump on it. I'm all about OEM stuff. OEM quality is best in my personal opinion.

The other thing people forget is upgrading the Master Cylinder and Booster. Bigger calipers/pistons need more fluid.

That is why I jumped onto the GSR brake conversion. The stopping power is good enough for a B series swap.

Although it'd be nice to have an ITR setup for future horsepower
The one thing I wish they did was a caliper upgrade. I'd like to be able to use a 4 piston caliper on my stock sized rotors. I know that's probably not physically possible (rotor surface probably isn't big enough to accomodate the 4 pistons) But I don't like the fact that in order for this upgrade to be possible, you need bigger rotors which in turn means bigger wheels. I don't want to have to get 17's just to accomodate the rotors. I'd like to be able to use 16's or even 15's and still have decent stopping power (as well as aesthetically pleasing to the eye on what's behind the wheels).