Notices

5th gen accord eletric fuse, circuit... question...

Old 06-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Zuerst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th gen accord eletric fuse, circuit... question...

I was putting on an aftermarket background to the intrument cluster. I sauder the 2 power lines to the OEM dimmer lines. After I have done that I turn the OEM dimmer knob to see if it works. Sure enough the lights goes brighter as I turn the knob. I got carried away and started turning the knob back and forth real fast and then... ZeEz... all the lights went out. Now my side lights, night lights and signal lights won't light up at all (headlight still works... I think...). Sorry for the long and useless story, but my question is that what fuse or cirucit am I suppose to replace to fix this? Or can it be fixed at all?
Old 06-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

I would start with checking every fuse......under the hood and below the driver side dash....
Old 06-04-2003, 12:40 PM
jsinger
IH8S810

The same fuse went out in my car a few weeks ago. It's a blue 15 amp fuse and in your owners manual or on the top of the fuse box (the one under the hood) it's called Small Light. I have a 94 LX, but since it's the same gen, I'm assuming it's the same setup. Let me know if this helps, if you haven't figured it out already.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:26 PM
95AccordEXR

I think you fried the relay
Old 06-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Zuerst

Now that I have more time to experiment it seems that my signal lights works. But the following still doesn't.

-Those yellow/orange side lights that should go on on the first turn of the head light stick thing.

-Apparently the red rear night lights don't work(but brake lights work).

-Intrumental cluster night back-lit doesn't lit up(other lights like check engine...etc works)

-Back-lit to A/C buttons, A/C knobs...etc no good.

-and the cig, ashtray back-lit, and glove box bulb don't lit up either...

Can all of these be fixed by replacing a single fuse? Or does these lits correspond to different fuses?

95AccordEXR suggested that I fried the relay... where is the relay? Is it in the hood, driver-side, or both fuse boxes?

Is the dealer only place to buy fuses or relays or can you buy those at stores like AutoZone...etc.

Really need some help cause I'm clueless at the moment.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:43 PM
jsinger
IH8S810

Originally posted by Zuerst
Now that I have more time to experiment it seems that my signal lights works. But the following still doesn't.

-Those yellow/orange side lights that should go on on the first turn of the head light stick thing.

-Apparently the red rear night lights don't work(but brake lights work).

-Intrumental cluster night back-lit doesn't lit up(other lights like check engine...etc works)

-Back-lit to A/C buttons, A/C knobs...etc no good.

-and the cig, ashtray back-lit, and glove box bulb don't lit up either...

Can all of these be fixed by replacing a single fuse? Or does these lits correspond to different fuses?

95AccordEXR suggested that I fried the relay... where is the relay? Is it in the hood, driver-side, or both fuse boxes?

Is the dealer only place to buy fuses or relays or can you buy those at stores like AutoZone...etc.

Really need some help cause I'm clueless at the moment.
Yes, the fuse I mentioned.. the "Small Light" blue 15 amp fuse is what controls all of those... I picked up a pack of 5 of them at Wal-Mart for less that 2 dollars. You should check that fuse in the fuse box under the hood and check if it's blown... if not... then maybe what 95AccordEXR was saying might be the case...

I just know I blew that fuse and all the symptoms you mentioned happened to me too. In my case I had condensation in one of my corner lights and the water got in to the bulb socket and shorted it and so i had to get new bulb sockets before putting the new fuse back in.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:06 PM
Zuerst

Originally posted by jsinger
Yes, the fuse I mentioned.. the "Small Light" blue 15 amp fuse is what controls all of those... I picked up a pack of 5 of them at Wal-Mart for less that 2 dollars. You should check that fuse in the fuse box under the hood and check if it's blown... if not... then maybe what 95AccordEXR was saying might be the case...

I just know I blew that fuse and all the symptoms you mentioned happened to me too. In my case I had condensation in one of my corner lights and the water got in to the bulb socket and shorted it and so i had to get new bulb sockets before putting the new fuse back in.
Yeah, I pull the small light fuse out and it was broke. I think it's probably bad soldering job on my part or I tap into the wrong wires. bah...