Notices

Installing Clutch... heh

Old 06-04-2003, 10:43 AM
jsinger
IH8S810

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Clutch... heh

Well I've decided to take on the task of installing my new clutch on my own. I'm following the wonderful Haynes book. It is getting me by, but I really need to get a hold of a Helms manual. I've already started and have a few parts off, but my main question right now is... where the crap is the Power Steering Speed Sensor?? In the Haynes manual it says to remove it, but I am not quite sure what it looks like. I've tried looking in the index of the book for it, but I wasn't able to find anything. So if anyone knows what and where this is and where I can disconnect it and unbolt it, that would be great. Also any, ANY! other information that you think would help me is GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks In Advance!!!

The car is a 94 Accord LX
Old 06-04-2003, 05:48 PM
mpykalo

I don't know how to answer any of these q's... just thought I'd bump you up to the top.

M
Old 06-04-2003, 06:36 PM
jsinger
IH8S810

Thank You. It helps!

I know this is pretty tech guru kind of question, so I don't expect any answers super soon, just postin' cuz it won't hurt and I'm sure there is some one on this forum that's installed their own clutch or knows something that is of some help. Like BustedLX, I'm sure he'd have some insight for me, hehe

TIA
Old 06-04-2003, 06:53 PM
AcuraFanatic

I'd try the tech forum. Most of us are too stupid to even comprehend what a Power Steering Speed Sensor is.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:56 PM
jsinger
IH8S810

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
I'd try the tech forum. Most of us are too stupid to even comprehend what a Power Steering Speed Sensor is.
:rofl: :rofl: You and me both... i'll post it in the tech forum see what i get, thanks
Old 06-05-2003, 05:53 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic

I think it's a power steering PRESSURE sensor. (But actually, I don't have the right generation Accord...) It probably looks kinda like a little sensor with a wiring harness plug. Not many things have wiring, that's attached to any of the power steering plumbing.

Haynes book sometimes is 'creative' with terminology. Maybe they're talking about the VSS on the transmission.

edit...
It probably just sticks out & gets in the way. If you don't remove it, you probably break it off when you lower the transmission. Dropping the transmission usually takes a little bit of brute force anyway. Just look around real good for ANYTHING that might get in your way; and any plugs, wires, hoses or stuff that's still attached to the transmission. Just in case Haynes forgot something.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:23 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by JimBlake

I think it's a power steering PRESSURE sensor. (But actually, I don't have the right generation Accord...) It probably looks kinda like a little sensor with a wiring harness plug. Not many things have wiring, that's attached to any of the power steering plumbing.

Haynes book sometimes is 'creative' with terminology. Maybe they're talking about the VSS on the transmission.
I'm just really glad this guy has my same generation accord. Because if I get into a problem my Helms manual can't get me through, I think Jim can from what I've read in all his posts.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:12 PM
jsinger
IH8S810

Originally posted by JimBlake
It probably just sticks out & gets in the way. If you don't remove it, you probably break it off when you lower the transmission. Dropping the transmission usually takes a little bit of brute force anyway. Just look around real good for ANYTHING that might get in your way; and any plugs, wires, hoses or stuff that's still attached to the transmission. Just in case Haynes forgot something.
Yeah that's what I was about to do next. Just take off anything still attached to the transaxle so I could keep moving and get this major DIY project done, heh. Thanks for the comments and tips!