Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Interior Color Spray

Old 06-03-2003, 09:40 PM
SoSoDef24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Color Spray

Has anyone done this. I just got 3 bottles of blue spray and some hard plastic primer. i figure i'll just wash the parts that i am doing, primer the hard plastic areas, and spray on. am i leaving anything out?

also, for those that have done it - how much area will 3 bottles cover? thanks.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:41 AM
crxb16er

if ur doing the inside plastic dont primer it, i used autozone duplicolor interior auto spray paint, 3 cans did the rear side panels the back panel, the door panels and i ran out about half way thru the front dash, and had to get another bottle so i bought 2 just cuz i didnt want to go back, all of the rear panels of ur car are easy to remove so u can pull those all out and paint them out of the car, when i started pulling the door panels i decided it was easier to just roll down the windows and paint them carefully, the dash is the hard part, u can remove the whole thing but not easily, i pulled out my center console, and emergency break panel (all of these have easy to find screws that just need backed out), the hard part is painting the front dash up by the window, i eventually covered up my window with newspaper and carefully masking taped the newspaper to the very bottom of the window and went to town after trying to do it without covering it up and ended up overspraying onto my windshield and had to use a razor blade to remove my overspray, good luck let me know if u need more insight
Old 06-04-2003, 10:45 AM
SoSoDef24

i will probably just mask it off. i am only doing the front for right now so i will probably have enough
Old 06-04-2003, 10:46 AM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

Originally posted by crxb16er
if ur doing the inside plastic dont primer it, i used autozone duplicolor interior auto spray paint, 3 cans did the rear side panels the back panel, the door panels and i ran out about half way thru the front dash, and had to get another bottle so i bought 2 just cuz i didnt want to go back, all of the rear panels of ur car are easy to remove so u can pull those all out and paint them out of the car, when i started pulling the door panels i decided it was easier to just roll down the windows and paint them carefully, the dash is the hard part, u can remove the whole thing but not easily, i pulled out my center console, and emergency break panel (all of these have easy to find screws that just need backed out), the hard part is painting the front dash up by the window, i eventually covered up my window with newspaper and carefully masking taped the newspaper to the very bottom of the window and went to town after trying to do it without covering it up and ended up overspraying onto my windshield and had to use a razor blade to remove my overspray, good luck let me know if u need more insight

Holy run-on sentence batman!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:46 AM
crxb16er

umm my friend told em to use some type of clear coat and i never did cuz i was a little bit huffed from the fumes at the time but mine still looks great, and when it gets dirty i just swipe a towel over it and it cleans up nicely, so id say clear coat is an option, did mine about 10 months ago, and still no signs of wear even though no clear coat.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:48 AM
crxb16er

Originally posted by b_dyche

Holy run-on sentence batman!
hey this is a car forum not an english class, but hey, at least u were paid attention in high school at something besides auto and shop class, oh and the girls of course, <--- 1 sentence.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Ronin625

crxb16er - so we shouldnt primer it? Why is that? HAs your paint chipped off at all? I hear painting the interior does that...well, i dont know...i how long has it been since you painted it, and how well does it look now?
Old 06-05-2003, 10:08 PM
4thgen91EFhatch

just pull out anything you can that you plan on painting...get a good day...and do 2 or 3 very light coats and it shouldn't chip
Old 06-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Ronin625

does anyone have pictures of their painted interiors?
Old 06-06-2003, 06:44 AM
akademik

what about interior vinyl dye? and hard plastic dye? i painted my interior a couple of years ago and i think i fuked up because it chipped and the paint always stayed sticky feeling.
now i am going to redo it but i want to dye it.

hey 4thgen hatch where you from im from the dirty south of ga