Notices

Help me wrap it in rubber!

Old 06-03-2003, 04:02 PM
carta79
Life after death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me wrap it in rubber!

I was hoping someone could give me feedback on Wanli tires. I never heard of them; all I know is wheelguyz.com has 225/40/18 Wanli tires tires for $95 each. :thumbup:
Old 06-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kumho Ecsta 712s :thumbup:
Old 06-03-2003, 04:59 PM
swab

i agree with kuhmo i am gonna get those when i order my new 18's.. i am leery on tires i never heard of.. I have never heard of those or those nankang i have seen elsewhere that are lik 99$ piece.. I think you are gonna get what you pay for.. 95$ tires seem like a cheap tire.. Can't lose with other brands like kuhmo,toyo,pirelli or yokahama.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

kumho doesnt do so well in new car reviews on Kia's... they are referred to as "cheap korean made tires". but dunno if that means anything. I know the kumhos put on the new kias are different models, but i think they're speaking in terms of brand overall.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:40 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Kuhmo 712's are pretty good street tires. I have them and theyve given me no problems at all. The only things they suck at are they dont grip too well in snow and they arent the best for launching. All in all its a pretty good street tire for daily driving. :thumbup:
Old 06-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Samson
kumho doesnt do so well in new car reviews on Kia's... they are referred to as "cheap korean made tires". but dunno if that means anything. I know the kumhos put on the new kias are different models, but i think they're speaking in terms of brand overall.
OK whatever

I know the Ecsta 712s ranked up there with considerably higher priced tires in previous testing but your the expert somehow

Get an idea of a clue....then come back so we can give you the full clue.

Besides the Kumhos on the Kia are not a low profile performance Z series tire so its apples and oranges.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Go-N-Low

yea right, go with something other than the 712's I have had them for 1.5 years and the tires will need to be replaced in another 6 months, they do not have much rubber on them, and they are only rated as a 55,000 tire, whatever that means, cause I never get anything close to that....
Old 06-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by Nightshade
OK whatever

I know the Ecsta 712s ranked up there with considerably higher priced tires in previous testing but your the expert somehow

Get an idea of a clue....then come back so we can give you the full clue.

Besides the Kumhos on the Kia are not a low profile performance Z series tire so its apples and oranges.
i know, but thats why i said speaking company as a whole. Im not basing it as my opinion, im just stating it as it was read. "cheap korean tires" and any kumhos really fall under that category IMO, cheap, yes, korean, yes, tires, yes. So i dunno.

And yes, i know some of those kumhos got good reviews, im just stating from the one article i read. Dont get all butt heart.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:57 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

Originally posted by swab
i agree with kuhmo i am gonna get those when i order my new 18's.. i am leery on tires i never heard of.. I have never heard of those or those nankang i have seen elsewhere that are lik 99$ piece.. I think you are gonna get what you pay for.. 95$ tires seem like a cheap tire.. Can't lose with other brands like kuhmo,toyo,pirelli or yokahama.
hey i like my nankang tires (NS-II sport). trust me, take a ride in my car and tell me that they're not worth $300 for a new set in 225/40HR18 and then i'll shut up.

i had yokohama A520's before this and they were just okay but a bit noisy. the stock michelin's suck ass and i've hydroplaned into an accident with them. and both of those were V/Z-rated tires compared to my H-rated cheap korean tires.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:19 PM
carta79
Life after death

The nankang and kuhmo 712 are both nice tires. But I guess I'm a sucker for good deal. Wheelguyz has both brands and some good auctions on Ebay. Makes me a little nervous that nobody knows about Wanli tires. :ugh: