Notices

New strut mounts?

Old 06-03-2003, 12:26 AM
mako1200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New strut mounts?

Did any of you need to replace your strut mounts when you lowered your car, or perhaps changed your shocks?

I didn't know if this was necessary, or if the stock ones will do just fine on a lowered vehicle.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2003, 05:42 AM
jschmid

How about a little more info? The year of your car, the shocks or system you are planning to use to lower you car?

I have replaced my springs and shocks, and I used the stock ones. I know TEIN makes their own pillow mounts but they are metal rather than rubber or poly and I hear they are more for a race application.

I think in most cases, you'll be using your stock mounts, unless your car is older and they are damaged. In that case, you could replace them with new OEM ones. (Might as well replace the bumpstops and dustcovers too if the car is old).
Old 06-03-2003, 08:54 AM
mako1200

I have a 94 Accord w/ about 105K miles on it, and it's lowered about 2.25". I'm planning on getting some KYB AGX shocks to go with my GC coilovers.

Kyb makes strut mounts and boots, but you mentioned OEM. Should I stick with OEM? Last time I checked I dont' think my mounts were bad at all, but I didn't know if I should replace them as a preventive measure.

Thanks for your input, btw.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:22 AM
djmtsu
nopistons

Just check the rubber and the integrity of the mounts, if they are cracked up and such, replace them, they are cheap.