Notices

Cant See at Night~ HELP ME!!!!

Old 06-02-2003, 06:32 PM
projekakkord
Southernplayalistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant See at Night~ HELP ME!!!!

Ok guys, here's the situation. My car is lowered, and my girl was parking my car and she ran up on the curb. When she backed off, there was this scraping noise, and when I get out the car, the bumper was hanging off exposing the wires for my passenger side bumper signal. The entire week it rained so I wasnt able to fix it right away. Now, I have done the bumper to fog conversion using a dual filament bulb, and after placing my bumper back on, whenever I cut my parking lights on, the passenger signal automatically lights up bright (as if i have my turn signal on, but doesnt flash, just stays on) and when I cut my headlights on, they dont come on and the passenger bumper signal stays lit. The driver signal works fine, hazards work fine, just I have hyper blink on the passenger signal along with it shorting out (for whatever reason) my low beam headlights. I've checked all fuses, what do you guys think this could be? Could it be my headlight relay was shorted out from the rain??? Any help would be appreciated, I cant drive at night cuz I have no lights! HELP ME OUT!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:00 PM
AcuraFanatic

Um, short of replacing the lights or purchasing a pair of night vision goggles, you're screwed.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Accord1278

the reason you will get a "hyper-blinker" on one side is that one of the blinker bulbs, in front or rear or both sometimes, is burnt out. turn on the blinker and see which bulb is out and replace it. that'll solve the problem with "hyper-blinker" or blinker staying on about 90% of the time. if not, then replace the blinker relay.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:59 PM
NightShift

Hmm, i'm a little confused as to how you have it set up, but first turn your lights on so the problem is there and try gettin ur hand down by those wires and jumble them around in case they are touching something they shouldn't be...see if that makes anything happen. And try tappin the relays w/a screwdriver in case they're stuck. Also check the bulbs...maybe the filament was knocked loose...
Old 06-03-2003, 08:09 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

you prolly short the pass. side signals out. + you previously wired the thing wrong for the passenger side. The Dimmer Filament suppose to be the parking light and the Higher Filament suppose to be the signals light. Since you got those 2 backward, It can short out your signals thus make it see as if it DOESN"T Blink at all because the Higher Filament OVERBRIGHT the dimmer one. Try to rewire them to see if it'll make any diff.