Notices

NY Area Owners and the Rain This Weekend...

Old 06-02-2003, 08:31 AM
DJ Scotty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY Area Owners and the Rain This Weekend...

Hey Decibel DJ and other New York area Accord owners/members...anyone else aside from me, after all the massive rain we had this weekend, wake up this morning to find your coupes or sedans filthy and just looking like ass?

I woke up at my girl's place this morning, walked outside, and my San Marino Red 99 coupe looked awful---she was drenched in bird poop, and had yellow pollen all over her along with the water drop scars all over the hood, roof and trunk---plus, my stock alloys are FILTHY and look like crap from driving in all that rain this weekend...I didnt even wanna drive her to work because she looked so bad...anyone's else's ride as dirty as mine?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:38 AM
decibel_dj

i got it pretty bad i was parked ova in "BROOKLINE" and when it rainned my ride almost got flooded the water backed up in teh parking area (kinda sloped thing) the water was almost up to the seam of my door. (about a 1" or 2" from it) my filter got wet thank g_d for teh bypass cuz when i turned my car on i heard the swoosh.. so for the none believers out there :fawk:
Old 06-02-2003, 08:40 AM
decibel_dj

other than that i really didnt mind the rain i just left my ride dirty from in the week. except thrusday and friday so it was pretty for the 2days of sun we got.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:45 AM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by decibel_dj
other than that i really didnt mind the rain i just left my ride dirty from in the week. except thrusday and friday so it was pretty for the 2days of sun we got.
Yeah I hear ya playah; I left mine dirty from the middle of the week too, so when we got the rain I didnt care---but now, the thing is FILTHY, and Im thinking of taking it over to one of those hand wash places down here in Port Washington where I work, and having them do it because its gonna be nice for the rest of the week, and who the hell wants to drive around in a pollen covered, bird poop drenched ride all week?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:51 AM
decibel_dj

damn u got your ride mine is in the shop now. i having electrial issues still my battery is charging will my car isnt moving but when i drive i'm running straight battery power. this weekend made it worse cuz of that same rain. but now its up on a lift i hope we'll see whats good. they say its a lose wire possibly in the fender well so when i drive thats why its shorting out. its been there for the last few days so we'll see at least i got to enjoy it for those 2 good days
Old 06-02-2003, 09:06 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

i washed the car friday after work, cause it was filthy from the down pour i was caught in thursday night. it poured saturday and sunday. it was covered in pollen and those little petal things this morning.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wash everyday, so it's ok

Oh and garage is

But this rain sh*t gotta go!!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 06-02-2003, 09:30 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by MaxBoosT

Oh and garage is

:stupid: but its all good at least you get to lock your ride up mine gets the the friendlyness of the NYC streets when i park it
Old 06-02-2003, 10:04 AM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
i washed the car friday after work, cause it was filthy from the down pour i was caught in thursday night. it poured saturday and sunday. it was covered in pollen and those little petal things this morning.
What up, Sleeper....

Damn bro...I WISH I could wash the car after work; I get outta work at six every day, and I usually go right over to my girl's place; we have been kinda living together---well, most of the week anyway...she lives in a two story house with her best friend, who lives in the upstairs section with her fiance, who is MY best friend; so me and my girl are pretty much staying in the downstairs of the house....at any rate, I also still have a studio apartment about 40 minutes away from where I work, and we can wash our cars in the back of the building, there is a hose back there and all, but its the damn end of the day by the time I come home from work....it would take me until the sun came down to hand detail the car after work. I wish I could do that.

Yeah, I see so many people driving around with the pedals all over their rides....and I had pollen ALL OVER my car this morning---so much I had to wash the windows with the windshield sprayer because I couldnt even see. Plus, the bird poop is INSANE where my girl lives; they poop all over everything over there in the Little Neck section of New York...how did you feel about driving around with the pollen and pedals all over your car? Did it piss ya off, thinkin "oh shit, no one is gonna even look at this ride like this..."?
Old 06-02-2003, 10:07 AM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by MaxBoosT

Oh and garage is

Damn dude....you can wash your car EVERY SINGLE DAY? What do you do that allows you that kind of time? Do you work? And why would you want to wash every day anyway? Isnt that overkill? Maybe spray a detailer over the car every day or something, but WASH every day? I think that even may be bad for the paint; unfortunately, I do not have a garage anymore, so my car is beginning to show her signs of aging....its really heartbreaking...

I can't wash my car every day because I work; but that would be awesome if I had that kind of time....