Notices

2000 Accord Turbo question...

Old 06-02-2003, 07:54 AM
lithyem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Accord Turbo question...

Can anybody help me figure out what my options are for a turbo in a 2000 accord coupe... I've been lookin around for a while and am not sure what will fit, good brands, etc... anybody here gota turbo on a 6th gen coupe? Recommend some decent brands...?

I've been seing some Garrett turbos on Ebay for decent prices... not sure which, if any, will fit...

thanks
michael
Old 06-02-2003, 10:55 AM
decibel_dj

theres a thread on this same topic on this page. did you even look b4 posting this thread? please do a damn search thats what the search button is for at the top of your screen. many people on this forum have turbo kits most are FMAX, some are DRAG and the rest are custom..... :rant:
Old 06-02-2003, 11:22 AM
lithyem

yah i did do a damned search... and yeah i read the thread on a turbo install, what i was interested in is what types of turbos are available for my car... if you dont want to answer me dont waste my time, and more importantly.. dont waste your time, which im sure is unbelievably precious.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:31 AM
ashzero
turbo mafia

uhhh...search under my name in username section...i have a post somewhere about my install

you wanna know which turbos fit? pretty much any turbo will fit if you have $$, time, and patience...

for an example, if you get huuuge turbo's like t4, t-88, etc etc, you'll have to lose ac, shave your block, get custom mani, etc etc...
Old 06-03-2003, 09:02 AM
decibel_dj

i did answer you with your question i was just upset cuz you didnt appear to have searched. also if ididnt want to post i wouldnt have put an answer so before you flame look at what i wrote. as for the other part you can also look into kits for the 5th gen I4 since the f22 and f23 blocks are basically the same footprint
Old 06-03-2003, 09:28 AM
lithyem

right on... sorry ... not lookin for heat. So back to my ?'s ... what I'm curious about is this, bearing in mind that i know very little about turbos at all...

ashzero mentioned that he put a Drag Gen 4 on his car, now when i did some research on the Drag kits.. i didnt find a Gen 4 for an accord... only for preludes...

it "seems" to me that the number is an indication of the horsepower boost you will get? alhtough i thought the Stage # was what that was for... so i am a lil confused...

also i have no idea what kind of engine i have in my car... i know i know... i should... but i had a 95 twin turbo 300zx before my accord and i just didnt care about makin it go faster :-) ... and was never into the sport compact thang... but i love my accord... its a lil slow for my taste, esp comin off a rocket liek my z was... (it was stolen and found totaled :-( )...

sorry for the rant... so ya... i knwo very little about my car, other than the fact that ive put dc sports headers in it, an AEM intake, greddy exhaust, progress springs (HORRIBLE, takin em off for somethin else) and and dyin to light this bitch up... ill merrily drop the duckets for a turbo, just tryin to sort out what kind, size, brands, etc etc...

so thanx in advance...
-t
Old 06-03-2003, 10:11 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by decibel_dj
theres a thread on this same topic on this page. did you even look b4 posting this thread? please do a damn search thats what the search button is for at the top of your screen. many people on this forum have turbo kits most are FMAX, some are DRAG and the rest are custom..... :rant:
Relax...

lithyem: Welcome to the board. I'm assuming you have a 4cyl? If so, the motor is an F23A. 2.3I4. I haven't really reseached turbos because I'm not in the market, but ashzero can be of some help, he's turbo'd his F23. There was another guy here running boost, but he recently took his turbo off and sold his car. FMAX seems like the most common off-the-shelf setup I've seen people talk about for our cars.

As far as suspension...what kind of performance/ride/drop are you looking for?
Old 06-03-2003, 10:56 AM
lithyem

yah i have a 4 cyl... thanx for the input. As far as suspension, just yesterday i had the Progress springs installed... and they dropped the car about 2 inches.. the rear wheel is way inside the well... it looks more rigged than aggressive :-( ... but what i want really is a suspension setup that will hold the road , coilovers may be more than i need, but a good spring, strut reccomendation woudl be cool... i do need to upgrade the wheels soon too... what size are yours? I'd say 17's woudl be plenty for my car no?
thanx man
Old 06-03-2003, 11:08 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by lithyem
yah i have a 4 cyl... thanx for the input. As far as suspension, just yesterday i had the Progress springs installed... and they dropped the car about 2 inches.. the rear wheel is way inside the well... it looks more rigged than aggressive :-( ... but what i want really is a suspension setup that will hold the road , coilovers may be more than i need, but a good spring, strut reccomendation woudl be cool... i do need to upgrade the wheels soon too... what size are yours? I'd say 17's woudl be plenty for my car no?
thanx man
Wheel size is kinda a matter of preference. Mine are 18x7.5 with 225/40 tires.

But you could do the suspension stuff before wheels and tires and get nice handling.

I always heard Progress suspension components were pretty decent, but I haven't talked to too many people with their springs.

Personally, my setup is H&R sports and Koni adjustable shocks. I really like my setup, handles great and ride compromise is pretty minimal. I also have a rear sway and upper front strut bar.

But there are many good companies out there. For springs I'd say get H&R/Neuspeed (they are basically the same spring) or Eibach. For shocks/struts I'd say the most common on here are Koni, KYB, Tokico.

Check out my page to view my setup and how the car sits.

www.cardomain.com/id/jschmid

If you search around on this board, you'll find opinions about spring/shock choices.

But I'd say for sure do the suspension, makes driving much more fun.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:14 AM
lithyem

again thanx a lot man..
one more ?...
if i do the suspension before i get wheels ... i shouldnt have a problem havin the new wheels sit in the well afterwards right? The shocks id assuem are adjustable enough to accomodate for various size wheel/tire combos...?

-t