Notices

I need a quick favor.

Old 05-29-2003, 12:03 AM
maestro5050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a quick favor.

Hey guys I need a quick favor. For any of you that drive a 96-98 Civic, I need one or more of you to take a measuring tape and measure the widest point (towards windshield) of your hood. Also please measure the width near the front of the vehicle right above the headlights. Please give me some numbers in inches.

The reason I am asking for this is because I ordered a carbon fiber hood that does not fit. My OEM hood fits perfect. The carbon fiber one has about an inch of a gap on one side, and a little over half an inch on the other side. The vendor I bought it from states that the hood should fit and that my OEM hood may have been modified to cover any gapping that may have occured in a past accident.

I need to find out what the measurements are for hoods other than my own so that I can argue the point with the vendor and my credit card company if necessary.

Thanks guys.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:54 AM
maestro5050

Hey guys, gotta bump this. If you have time, the measurements I need are the width of the hood across the top and across the bottom. For the top measurement, please measure across with the top with the measuring tape at the base of the crecent shape in the hood. For the bottom measurement, please measure the spot right above the headlights.

And and all help would be greatly appreciated as it will help me argue my case about the carbon firber hood not matching OEM specs. If you could just take a moment of your time to help, I would appreciate the hell out of it.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:33 AM
Josher

I'd help you out, but I don't have Civic. IF I find someone who does, I'll see if I can get them to measure their hood. Otherwise, I'm helping to bump this. Good Luck.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:22 AM
Tirod

if u have anymore then a 3/4 a Centimeter on each side then that dude is full of shit and id get your money back.. an inch on one side?? thats not unnoticeable.. and oem hoods fit better then that, promised.. also make sure your fenders are pulled in towards your engine bay as much as possible while still keeping flush with your light assembly and front bumper.. they are also adjustable like that
Old 05-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

An inch on one side and half an inch on the other is totally unacceptable. Return the hood. Stock hood modified to fill the gap? Riiiiight...because its cheaper to weld extensions on the existing hood and then bondo it smooth and then repaint it than to just order a new hood. Where did you buy it from?
Old 05-31-2003, 10:28 PM
maestro5050

Originally posted by Cashis EG8
An inch on one side and half an inch on the other is totally unacceptable. Return the hood.
I agree and that's the game plan. I am trying to get the guy to swap it out for another one or return my money. He isn't willing to do a return, and he personally will not replace the hood. However, he said the OEM of the hood is thinking about replacing it if the hood truely is the wrong side. Thus I need some measurements to demonstrate that my OEM hood matches the size of others and the carbon fiber hood is the issue.

Plus, if neither the vendor or the manufacturer will swap it out or return my money, then I am going to have to fight it out with my credit card to have them reverse the charges. So I'll need some more measurements anyhow so that I can demonstrate that the hood is defective.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:24 AM
maestro5050

Bumping again. Noone can help???
Old 06-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Motohip

Why don't you lazy asses get off the computer and measure your goddamn hood for the man?! I'd do it if I could, but I can't. It's been four days and at least 60 people have seen this thread. It's not hard to measure a damn hood.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

I would but I have a 5th gen

Bump for you...c'mon somebody help him out
Old 06-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Motohip

Isn't the width of the fifth gen the same :dunno:? I'm pretty sure it is since the people who do the front end conversions just slap on the hood with no modification. It's a start and at least gives him some idea of the correct width.