Notices

a/f to ecu?

Old 05-27-2003, 11:26 AM
crucial v.2.2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/f to ecu?

what wire do i slice into?

im not getting a good reading from the guage, and i want to check to see if the gauge is bad. thanks.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:50 AM
crucial v.2.2
Banned

anyone
Old 05-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

what is it doin? is it jumpin around alot? granted u got the gauge for 20 bukks, but i say u should invest into a egt gauge. far more accurate to read and understandin of ur motor's performance.

even if u do tap at the ecu its still the same, that same white wire comin from the o2 goes ryte into the ecu. doesnt make a difference, cuz i install one for my friend civic at the ecu, and another for friend's prelude at the o2. does the same thing. jumps around til wot, then it holds a steady readin.

Originally posted by crucial v.2.2
anyone
Old 05-27-2003, 11:56 AM
crucial v.2.2
Banned

Originally posted by Outxider
what is it doin? is it jumpin around alot? granted u got the gauge for 20 bukks, but i say u should invest into a egt gauge. far more accurate to read and understandin of ur motor's performance.

even if u do tap at the ecu its still the same, that same white wire comin from the o2 goes ryte into the ecu. doesnt make a difference, cuz i install one for my friend civic at the ecu, and another for friend's prelude at the o2. does the same thing. jumps around til wot, then it holds a steady readin.

its reading rich, and stoich(sp) but it wont read lean(go into the red, just shuts off...
Old 05-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

at idle? it doesnt register lean at idle? usually at idle it runs up to rich, bakk to stoich, then to lean and goes off the scale and comes bakk.

its reading rich, and stoich(sp) but it wont read lean(go into the red, just shuts off...
Old 05-27-2003, 12:06 PM
crucial v.2.2
Banned

Originally posted by Outxider
at idle? it doesnt register lean at idle? usually at idle it runs up to rich, bakk to stoich, then to lean and goes off the scale and comes bakk.

when i turn on the car, it goes all the way down on rich, then when i drive, it goes up and down on rich and stoich but it wont go into lean, it will shut off, then come back on.`
Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

hmm.........interesting....maybe ur fmu is causin u to run rich of majority of the time?

when i turn on the car, it goes all the way down on rich, then when i drive, it goes up and down on rich and stoich but it wont go into lean, it will shut off, then come back on.`