Notices

Help: Check Engine Light On

Old 05-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Chrysalis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Check Engine Light On

Hi Everyone,

I found this forum after searching "Check Engine Light On" on Yahoo! I am freaking out because the Check Engine Light came on as I was driving into work this morning (weekend job). It's a 1991 GS Automatic. I was on the freeway, and I had problems accelerating, and when I took my foot off of the accelerator, it felt like it was going to stop on me. hen I did try to accelerate, it would stay at a certain speed. I was able to safely get to work. I started it about 30 minutes after I parked to see if it would start. It did start, but it was rattling and shaking like it was going to die.

Sorry, I don't know much about cars. I just wanted to get your input because you all seem to be Integra enthusiasts and are knowledgeable. What do you think it is? If I can find a shop that is open on Memorial Day weekend, I don't want to get repairs I don't need. I'm going to call my dad.

Thanks for your help! I love my Integra because it gives me so little problems usually. I always said I would drive this car until I kill it or it kills me. I just hope I diidn't kill it.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:50 AM
bbb

goto www.g2ic.com on howto find the ECU code, should be in the "teg tips" section. then do a search on it. you can do a search on the entire forum here too since i think the ECU codes are the same for most hondas.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:43 PM
LeftCorner

Just turn the key to the "on" position and pull back the carpet on the passenger side floorboard. You'll see a metal plate with a hole in it, there will be a blinking red LED. Figure the code accordingly and that'll get you on the right track.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:31 PM
SupaTeg
supa slammed

could be anything (plug wires, timing,etc) but, :stupid:
Old 05-25-2003, 07:49 PM
XSrcing

first thing that comes to my mind is a clogged cat. but cats dont get clogged by themselves. something else could be wrong.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Chrysalis

Thank you for all the responses! OK, so I checked the blinking light along with my friend. For some reason, all I saw was 3 slow then 4 fast. She said that she saw also 3 slow 3 fast, and 4 slow, and 4 fast. I read that this can be an indication of multiple problems.

However, the I can't find the codes 33, 34, and 44?!

Any ideas?

Thanks again. It was kinda cool checking out the blinking lights? I felt so auto savvy (ha ha far from it).
Old 05-28-2003, 08:34 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

You can have multiple codes displayed if you get the three long, three short, then a pause, then 4 short, 4 long. Either way, there's no such thing as a code 33, 34 or 44.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=72058
Old 05-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Chrysalis

Thank you everyone for your input. I finally took it to the mechanic. It needed a tune-up. It's been a while, so it was time. He also found out that the timing belt was skipping keys or something and fixed it. So, my little friend is back among the other living Tegs.

Thanks everyone.

Old 05-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Originally posted by Chrysalis
Thank you everyone for your input. I finally took it to the mechanic. It needed a tune-up. It's been a while, so it was time. He also found out that the timing belt was skipping keys or something and fixed it. So, my little friend is back among the other living Tegs.

Thanks everyone.

Well thats good