Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

92 hatch stock rims

Old 05-20-2003, 07:11 AM
tunda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 hatch stock rims

I was wondering is it possible to paint my stock 92 hatchback rims (which are currently cromish like) black???

should i take the tire off sand down the rust and then do it...let me know if you ever did it or anything...what kinda of spray paint should i use...

i dont really want to buy rims yet...im going all speed for now peace..
Old 05-20-2003, 12:12 PM
BlackEG_Si

this guy does a pretty good job explaining it

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=316500

basically, you just need to sand everything off of your wheels, get them nice and smooth. keep everything dust free (get a tack cloth from hardware store). stuff some index cards under the lip to protect the tires. maybe spray some primer. spray your desired color, and then some clear coat if you like. all the paint can be found at car parts stores. obviously, time is needed in between coats, so you might want to secure a ride to wherever you might need to go during the drying process.

maybe while you're under there, you can paint your calipers too.

i'd say, do some research into polishing metal with sandpaper. there are techniques like wet-sanding that you need to learn. after that, it's all prep work and painting. oh yeah, and remember, spray lots and lots of very very light coats. you will appreciate it.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:54 PM
tunda

thanks ;]
Old 06-07-2003, 09:25 PM
plejtoj

i painted mine black. theres only one rim that u can see tho. i was tryin on this rim i got from someone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dsc00022.jpg (46.6 KB, 126 views)