Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

H&R Race springs

Old 05-18-2003, 03:47 PM
jrich
ReMember

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Race springs

If anyone has driven on the street with these springs please tell me about the ride quality.
which shock set up would work best KYB AGX or Tokico Ilummina
my application is on 02 accord coupe
Old 05-19-2003, 07:55 AM
00R101

I know you don't know this but H&R race springs are available in a huge variety of spring rates. The lower the rate the better the car will ride. Without knowing what rate the springs are we cannot tell you how the car will ride.

Also you need to understand that shocks are valved for an ideal rate (different for each shock) and as you go further from the ideal rate the poorer the shock will be able to control the spring.

Shocks like the Illuminas are designed for rates no higher than 350lbs/inch and are designed for suspensions at or slightly below stock height. If you slam the car 3 inches then you can expect to blow out shocks.

I suggest that you buy a package form a reputable big-name vendor. They will be best able to match spring rates to shocks and match the package to your intended use. You cna go with some expensive JDM stuff or some less expensive setups from US vendors like Ground Control, TireRack, TrueChoice, Progress etc.

Recognize that you can pick your own setup but if you don't know what you are doing you can easily make your car handle worse, ride worse and piss away a lot of money.

BTW I like the Illuminas much better than the Tokicos but neither are as good as Konis.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:52 AM
jrich
ReMember

The option that i thought of originally was the H&R cup kits for about 600.00 that would give me a matched set and a lowered ride as well. anyone used this setup??????? please reply