Notices

Need a little help with my suspension

Old 05-18-2003, 11:51 AM
97accordcpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help with my suspension

I have been hearing some knocking going on in the rear of my car ever since i lowered it. I took it back where i got it lowered and everything is tight and seated correctly. I also took a look myself and made sure everything was tight as well. Today i decided to take a look at the inside of my rear fenders and sure enough there is a nice dent forming where the arms are hitting the fenders. Has anyone else had this problem? Im assusming i can just "roll" the inner fender a bit and make some more space for that arm the travel.

Any help is much apreciated
Old 05-18-2003, 01:51 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

what springs do you have? what shocks? what size wheels? when do you hear the knocking? is it the arm that sits right above the wheel?
Old 05-18-2003, 02:05 PM
AccordCutie

I had problems with my fronts but not the back...sorry. Does it hit when you just go over bumps?
Old 05-18-2003, 02:39 PM
97accordcpe

I have eibach sportlines and koni yellow set at the middle perch, it is the arm that sits above the tire that is banging when i hit bumps. I have 17" rims with 205/40's (yes i know they are the wrong size, i will get 215/45 when these wear out) again any help is apreciated
Old 05-18-2003, 03:19 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 97accordcpe
I have eibach sportlines and koni yellow set at the middle perch, it is the arm that sits above the tire that is banging when i hit bumps. I have 17" rims with 205/40's (yes i know they are the wrong size, i will get 215/45 when these wear out) again any help is apreciated
Well, no one has ever accused me of being a suspension guru, but if im not mistaking, rolling the fenders is to give the extra clearance so your wheels won't rub. But it's sounds like it's not ur wheels that are rubbing, it's that damn bar. I wish I could help but I have no clue.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:50 PM
97accordcpe

Yeah, i know i guess i shouldnt have said roll the fenders i guess i just have to beat the inside fender well into submission
Old 05-18-2003, 04:33 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
Well, no one has ever accused me of being a suspension guru, but if im not mistaking, rolling the fenders is to give the extra clearance so your wheels won't rub. But it's sounds like it's not ur wheels that are rubbing, it's that damn bar. I wish I could help but I have no clue.
:thumbup: You sure that's the arm it's hitting. How low is your car, I've lower mine ABOUT 2" and the sound is not from the arm hitting. IT's the dead coils of those springs settling and hitting each other, try to jack the car up, and put some cushions between every other coils to see if it makes any diff.

I cut some of my broken water hose into many 2" pieces and wrap them around the coils like above. It may be your problem. I thought it was my swaybar squeaking at first. Mine gave off Clunking sound whenever I back up, or when over bump. If it's the arm hitting, It should sound REALLY low like you slammed on something. Hope it helps
Old 05-18-2003, 04:44 PM
97accordcpe

Thanks for the reply, i just happen to have a dead hose laying around i can cut up, i will give it a try. Thanks for the help!!
Old 05-19-2003, 05:20 PM
97accordcpe

Thank you PoohBoi, you were completly right and it was the dead coils making the noise. I did exactly as you said with small sectons of hose that i cut up. No more clunks for me when i hit little bumps.YOU DA MAN!!! THANK YOU!