Notices

What Can I use to stop Hyperblink signals?

Old 05-17-2003, 10:01 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can I use to stop Hyperblink signals?

I just do my 94 S-Type Tail and front Bumper Fog conversion and I have Hyperblink, is there anyway to make it stop? I thought about adding the resistor to the blinking signals, but then again, I'm not really sure. Someone mentioned to buy a flasher, but does any1 has any Other DIY way? Thanks
Old 05-17-2003, 10:43 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

the relay is a oscillator that discharges when a capacitor reaches a certain value, by doing the conversions you have done, you have decreased the resistance of the circuit and allowed a greater current to flow and charge that cap faster. You COULD add a resistor so that the circuit sees the original factory resistance but you will decrease the amount of current going to each bulb and they will not be as bright.

If you wanted to be abstract about the way the circuit works, you could say you needed a switching amplifier for each bulb, maybe made with a transistor. Then you could use the factory lead as a control lead and the amplifier as the source for the bulb. Note: This is the kind of thing I would build in the lab at school. I would probably use a few MOS transistors and a PCB to solder the circuit together. Maybe I will design something like this and post it here if people are interested, although im sure there is a better and more efficient solution to the problem.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:27 AM
95AccordEXR

i'm assuming you did not install a hyberblink system... just that your lights started hyperblinking when you did your fog light mod and/or tail light mod. The problem is that you have a set of wires with no bulbs attached. On my car, I left the wires that originally went to the bumper lights unattached to any bulb, and now I have hyperblinkers. If I were to attach those wires to a bulb (the bulb does not need to be visible btw! you can just hook up a blub and stuff it inside the fender or something) it would return to normal. good luck.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:45 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Default Re: What Can I use to stop Hyperblink signals?

Originally posted by PoohBoi
is there anyway to make it stop?
12 guage with buckshot will do the trick :bigok:
Old 05-18-2003, 08:47 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

go to autozone or some other parts store, get a variable load flasher (like $2). They are the normal thermal flashers.... you know, the ones with the silver aluminum casing. It will not fit directly into the flasher socket in the car, so you'll need to make 2 short wires with quick-disconnect terminals... male on one end and female on the other. Connect the wires to the flasher and then push the male terminals into the connectors on the fuse box. The top terminal and the one closest to the firewall are the ones you'll want to connect the flasher to.