Notices

F23A1 or H22A

Old 05-16-2003, 08:34 PM
changolokko
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F23A1 or H22A

hey just wanted to know ya'll opinions. i have an automatic but i want to swap it for a 5 speed. should i do that and put in high internal parts and intercool it and turbo it. or ahould i get an h22a and tubo that and intercool it. if i stay with the F23A1, is te only thing i have to change is the transmission for 5 speed. how complicated is is or can i just bolt it on like nothing to the motor. thanx for ya'll help
Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Have you researched anything on boosting?

It all depends on what your power goals are.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:50 PM
changolokko
Banned

well i want to gett atleast 350. want to run the turbo at 21 psi with acing fuel of course. what do ya'll think
Old 05-16-2003, 09:43 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

lol, 21 lbs, shit, haha, whatever you get its gotta be built up big time for that kind of boost. . .haha, id say H22, bigger plumbing to work with in the first place. You are gonna have to replace all of the stock internals anyway plus VTEC and a higher shift point is nice also. . .
Old 05-16-2003, 11:58 PM
VTECseoul
i love my wife's (y)

the H22 will need to be built from the ground up - get a reputable shop to do it, don't do it by yourself. hope you got big pockets, 114 race gas is like $6 a gallon where i live.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:12 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

21lbs???? If you said 10 that would've been cool but 21lbs. I think it was super street that had the build of the sr20de and on 13-16lbs of boost it was putting like 360 whp. If you do 21lbs I would love to see the times you run at the track. Be prepared to pay$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 05-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Sonny

there's a 5th gen accord with an f22 and 24 psi with 562 to the wheel.....

562hp dynoed at 24lbs boost w/o the NOS system hooked up! That's good for extra 100hp! About the car..... H23 engine balanced & blueprinted,block is sleeved,block guard, Crower rods,JE pistons,Custom intake manifold & exhaust manifold(header) all done by JBE racing in Long Island, NY. Turbonetics hybrid ceramic ball bearing turbo Spearco Intercooler-all custom polished piping HKS blowoff valve-Turbonetics wastegate Haltech fuel management system,Greddy whiteface gauges custom roll cage by JBE Brembo big brake kit(front)cross drilled rotors(rear)...You need these!!!Trust me!!! SX fuel pump &stainless steel lines, Bigger injectors Prelude tranny with Clutchmasters Stage 5 clutch Quaife Limited Slip Differential Energy Suspension Urethane bushings,custom chassis mods,Custom coilover suspension, GAB strut braces(front and rear),Custom 3"exhaust throughout The show part: Custom emerald green paint(brand new) Carbon fiber hood,Altezza taillights,projector headlights,clear marker lights,M3 mirrors,Greddy front lip spoiler. 18" Mackin Gewalt rims w/S02 tires(both brand new) Inside: Custom IASCA winning stereo including: Kenwood touch screen TV(in dash) Kenwood flip face CD player(in dash) (2)Xtant 2200i amps in custom built rear deck (2)JL Audio 10"subs hidden behind rear panels next to rear seats (3)Audiocontrol EQT's in custom-made aluminum motorized rack in trunk(All you see when you open the trunk is the battery box) MBQuart speakers in door and custom kickpanels Tan/black interior w/ Sparco star race seats w/ 5 point harnesses(Momo) Momo Race steering wheel Momo Carbon fiber shift knob. CAR RAN MID 12's W/Full interior at 123mph!!!!!! I drive car around town at 12 lbs boost and still mop up new Vettes! Car has 25k miles on it.Engine has 100 miles on it. If yo know anything about drag racing, you know that the 123mph trap speed means the car without having the chassis properly set up(it is now),is a solid mid to low 11 second car. This car will be featured in National magazines this year. I bought this car new in Dec 1994 and it has been a show car since then. Never driven in the winter or the rain. The price below includes 2 sets of Bogart Aluminum drag rims(one set w/slicks & one set w/drag radials) SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE! Buyer to pay 20% of final price within 7 days of auction end by Cashier or Bank check...Thanks and good luck bidding!!!! E-mail me with questions and for more pics...
Old 05-17-2003, 09:04 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Why go h22?

Take that money and build the bottom end of a f23a1 you have I presume, and get some fuel upgrades. You don't need a complete rebuilt engine to nab 350, get some 10:1 cpr pistons at least and tune tune tune tune. People under estimate the potential of the f series I once did.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:38 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

All I see is Mad Money and Some speeding tickets. Why would you put all that $$$$ into building a Family car like an Accord into an Supra with EXTRA LARGE Turbo that'd cost less.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:25 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Originally posted by PoohBoi
All I see is Mad Money and Some speeding tickets. Why would you put all that $$$$ into building a Family car like an Accord into an Supra with EXTRA LARGE Turbo that'd cost less.
Wth 30k+ needed for a supra you could build a insanly fast track accord for 30k. Some people like their accords to be quick for a family car.