Notices

H&R Race springs ?'s

Old 05-16-2003, 05:20 PM
jrich
ReMember

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Race springs ?'s

I was thinking of installing H&R Race springs on my 02 accord coupe for the lowered look and improved handling. My ? is am I nuts for doing it due to the harsh ride or is it a streetable ride for every day? I dont want to hate gettin into it to go for a 150 - 200 mile ride down the highway or in the city limits.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:24 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

I am from NJ and I and going to do a 1.75 front and 1.5 rear. My boy is drop over 2 inches in his 6th gen and goes everwhere from Newark, to Trenton, to NY. Just make sure you get some good shocks and don't drive like a mad man in the inner citys and you will be fine. As for the highways, you will want to drive fast cause it handle so good and the highway is the best place. Just watch out for those State troopers and try not to endanger other drivers.:thumbup:
Old 05-17-2003, 11:13 AM
hondaboi

Hello..

I have a questions...what else would you need if you got RACE springs? I hear that you would need good shocks and a camber kit right? Please correct me if im wrong..

Also, there are TEIN STECH springs that lowers the car at around 2.1" front and 1.7" at the back. Are these considered race springs?

Thanks..
Old 05-17-2003, 11:41 AM
jrich
ReMember

i purchased camber kits front and rear and plan to buy tokico shocks but dont know if i want the illumina or the pro models
im waiting to do it all at one time. tien coil-overs were way to expensive for me. i am trying to sell my exhaust system so i can buy the shocks.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:44 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

tokico illuminas I heard are excellent. if you got race springs you will need good shocks and definelty a camber kit. Anything over 1.5 you might need a camber kit. Some people though are dropped 2 inches and don't need a camber. Every car is different so just see what happens.

One thing I would like to know how much camber can someone actually deal with. I have heard -1.3 is still ok. AM I wrong????
Old 05-17-2003, 07:03 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

anyone know??