Notices

Accord 95 cold Start problems

Old 02-02-2004, 05:39 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally when this problem occurs when it is cold it is because condensation can form in the gas tank when the tank is not full. When this happens the condensation (water) can get into the fuel pump and freeze in colder temps, but that would have to be under 32 degrees obviously. I had this problem last winter, and I solved it by buying an additive that is made by Heet that takes the water out of your gas tank during cold weather.
It is odd though that you would have problems getting enough power for it to start that far above freezing temps...
Old 03-01-2004, 03:18 PM
thesacrifice

my god damn POS 92 accord is sitting in the driveway right now , with the same problem. It cranks just fine but won't start...

I'm having all kinds of weird issues with it lately anyways. After it hasn't been driven in a while, and I put it in reverse and pull out, it makes a weird winding noise. That and the battery dies in a matter of days
Old 03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Originally Posted by thesacrifice
my god damn POS 92 accord is sitting in the driveway right now , with the same problem. It cranks just fine but won't start...

I'm having all kinds of weird issues with it lately anyways. After it hasn't been driven in a while, and I put it in reverse and pull out, it makes a weird winding noise. That and the battery dies in a matter of days

Another problem I used to have with my car starting was a simple one. I had a minor oil leak that caused my oil to be low every couple of months and the same problem that you have had with it cranking and not starting occured.

In terms of you thinking the battery dies in a matter of days, then maybe your alternator isn't doing the job of recharging the battery like it should do.

Starting problems like these are always toughest to fix, because anything as little as oil being low, to cold temps., spark plugs or wires, to bad alternators, etc. can cause a car not to start and provide the proper power, and sometimes these problems can't be pinpointed until the car really breaks down unfortunately.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:49 PM
thesacrifice

Originally Posted by SmutWanter
Another problem I used to have with my car starting was a simple one. I had a minor oil leak that caused my oil to be low every couple of months and the same problem that you have had with it cranking and not starting occured.

In terms of you thinking the battery dies in a matter of days, then maybe your alternator isn't doing the job of recharging the battery like it should do.

Starting problems like these are always toughest to fix, because anything as little as oil being low, to cold temps., spark plugs or wires, to bad alternators, etc. can cause a car not to start and provide the proper power, and sometimes these problems can't be pinpointed until the car really breaks down unfortunately.
it just turned over.. i need to get to the post office allllll day, and 30 minutes after they close, the car decides it wants to turnover...