Notices

KYB AGX or Tockico?!?!?!

Old 05-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Illicit Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYB AGX or Tockico?!?!?!

sup guys, as most of you know, coilovers are a bouncing bitch on the accords, my car sounds like hell when i bounces, shit's crashing, and i don't even know, anyways, i was wondering if i could get some opinions on what i should get, the KYB AGX or the Tockicos? i've heard good about both, the thing that i didn't like was that the KYBs can only provide a 1.25 inch drop with maximum handling and the best ride, The tockicos are a little more costly, and i've read some reviews about the KYBs being good for all cars except the accords, i don't know why..... so can yall give me some feed back......... thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 10:00 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Well what coilover sleeves are you running with?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Illicit Accord

i got maxspeed coilovers
Old 05-15-2003, 10:14 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Hmm, not sure about how stiff they are, koni is another option as well brotha. I like my illumina shocks.

As far as KYB, plenty of people run with those. I would either go koni or illumina or settle for KYB which is good also.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:20 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by Illicit Accord
i got maxspeed coilovers
that's part of ur problem right there. I had maxspeed coilovers on my ef sedan(for all of 1 week). Those sons of bitches were so damn bouncy I had to get rid of em. Ended up getting H&R race coils. The problem in part is the springs, they aren't progressive rate and lord knows who they're even made by. Anyways, im assuming the tokicos ur talking about are the Illuminas. I don't know which is better, but I have AGX and am very satisfied.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:38 PM
AccordCoup94

i have some skunkworks(skunk2) coilovers mated with tokico blues. the ride is not bad, its actually better than i would have thought. im thinking about going with full coilovers so if anyone is intrested in this setup, pm me.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:39 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by AKUFC
Hmm, not sure about how stiff they are, koni is another option as well brotha. I like my illumina shocks.

As far as KYB, plenty of people run with those. I would either go koni or illumina or settle for KYB which is good also.

:thumbup: I've always had tokico from independent coilover to full coilover, they're the best so far
Old 05-15-2003, 10:43 PM
AadosX

I was planning on putting KYB AGX shocks on my Accord. What adjustable tockico's are you guys talking about? Are they better than the KYB's?
Old 05-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Illicit Accord

the shocks that i'm talking about are the "tockico illuminas" look them up, they are pretty nice, somewhat like the KYB AGX shocks.........

goodluck
Old 05-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

i have heard many people complain about the shoddy quality of tockico shocks, though i can't say from experience. i did have a friend that had them on his teg and they were dead within 3 months.

i prefer the KYB AGX's. that's what i have and i love them.