Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

How to replace 1990-93 Distributor sub-housing assembly

Old 05-15-2003, 03:41 AM
DanG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace 1990-93 Distributor sub-housing assembly

I have a 1993 Accord which needs the Distributor sub-housing assembly replaced. The bearings are squealing. Can a do-it -yourselfer complete this job or should a mechanic do it? Please give me as much instruction as possible. Thanh you.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:10 PM
NatedoggAZ

That happened to my civic before - shop charged me about $700/with tow- f-ing bastards...you can totally do that yourself - i almost kicked myself in da ass because I could have swapped it out!- I dont have any instructions - but on my Civic there are I think 3 bolts that connect to the engine and the sub housing slips into the end of the cam shaft I think...looks like a small rectangle... I am not sure if your accord is much different than my civic, but you should be able to pick that part up at an import part carrier- may or may not be a refurb.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:14 AM
aero3685

by sub housing, im guessing you just mean the whole thing. If so.. yeah, pick up a haynes manual while you are @ autozone getting the dist w/lifetime warranty i think. or i guess just 90 day.
but its pretty much just marking where it is. taking off wires, and then the 3 or 4 bolts that hold it on. and when you get the new one, it comes with a ignitor coil in it so dont get another one.