Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Upgraded to Hawk HP+ pads

Old 05-14-2003, 09:29 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded to Hawk HP+ pads

Had my rotors resurfaced today and installed Hawk HP+ pads and changed the brake fluid. WOW! Talk about MORE stopping power. Last year I ran the Brembo blanks, AEM pads, Valvoline Synpower brake fluid and Goodrich stainless steel lines. Stopping power was great last year. But now I think stopping power has increased about 30-40% overall. I mean my teeth feel like they are going to leave my mouth

But I definitely don't recommend Hawk HP+ for everyday use. I've been hearing that the brake dust can pit the wheels AND they are not rotor friendly. And you have to make sure you break in the pads correctly. I do have an extra set (thanks sponsors) of Hawk HPS which are a more gentler compound.

I'll let you know in a month or two how they hold up.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:25 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna get those, but I got a great deal on Axxis Ultimates.... I couldn't pass it up. Screw your sponsored ass!:fawk:
Old 05-15-2003, 11:11 PM
The Beav
i

i was planing on runing brembo rotors and pads expensive but not that bad
Old 05-16-2003, 12:03 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

I don't think brembo pads are really worth what you pay for 'em. I've never used them myself, but I'm told Hawk, Axxis, AEM, project mU (I don't know how to make the symbol) are better pads.

Although I don't know of anybody better than brembo when it comes to rotors.:thumbup:
Old 05-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Have you considered the Ultimates? Lots of dust, but it's non-corrosive. I believe it's comparable to the HP+ in terms of bite and fade.

Shingo
Old 05-19-2003, 12:14 AM
The Beav
i

Originally posted by white_n_slow
I don't think brembo pads are really worth what you pay for 'em. I've never used them myself, but I'm told Hawk, Axxis, AEM, project mU (I don't know how to make the symbol) are better pads.

Although I don't know of anybody better than brembo when it comes to rotors.:thumbup:
i just wanted to stick with brembo rotors because i have a friend who's gone through 3 sets of rotors (his 4th set that's on there are warped too) because he used aftermarket pads that were to powerful for his rotors (he thought he raced his car too much) so i'm affraid to use anything but the pair together
Old 05-20-2003, 07:43 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

I've got brembo slotted rotors and Axxis Ultimate pads all around. I give it a big :thumbup:
Old 05-20-2003, 08:05 PM
The Beav
i

Originally posted by white_n_slow
I've got brembo slotted rotors and Axxis Ultimate pads all around. I give it a big :thumbup:
how are those on your rotors? not to abusive? and how much are those pads? links?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:27 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

I got all 8 pads for $85 shipped from raceconcepts.net. Look for them on groupbuycenter, I've bought from them a few times now, and theyre good shits.

I haven't had them on for long, so I can't say much about wear and rotor abuse, but thats the pad that comes with the stoptech race kits, and I doubt they'd pair abusive pads with those hella expensive rotors of theirs.... so I'm assuming wear is pretty decent. :dunno:
Old 05-23-2003, 01:52 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Well now I downgraded yesterday Put the HPS pads on for a little more peace of mind: brake dust pitting wheels, brakes started to squeal a little, and wanted to save the good pads for other events.