Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Hot Rod Teg

Old 01-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Hot Rod Teg

1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Hot Rod Teg

Four Wheels, Four Cylinders, And Four Digit Power Numbers?!John Schill's '94 Integra GS-R
Back in 1994, most of us were still figuring out that girls actually weren't all that "icky." As for John Schill, well, by that time he'd already been involved in the import tuning movement for a few years and was in search of a replacement for his recently stolen '89 Integra. "There was a lot of talk about the redesign and I knew I loved my old one so I wanted to replace it with a new one." John walked into his local Acura dealership and dropped his hard-earned cash on a brand-new Integra GS-R which he solely intended to be a daily driver. "I drove it stock for a little while but by '97 it had literally every bolt-on part available for the car, and it still wasn't fast enough. I added some nitrous and consistently ran 12's." The late '90s and into the early '00s were good for John. He opened his shop, Absolute Pro-formance, in his hometown of Finksburg, MD, and used his Integra to show what he and his staff could do. John's chance to shine came when the 12-second runs weren't cutting it anymore and the Integra went under the knife. "It just wasn't fast enough. That's when the car came off the road and I designed and installed its first turbo setup using a 72mm turbo. Then we sent it to our guys at HFR Fabrication where it got a 10-point 'cage-we hit 600 hp, and were running low 10's all day."

Photo Gallery: 1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Hot Rod Teg - Honda Tuning Magazine

Photo Gallery: 1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Hot Rod Teg - Honda Tuning Magazine

1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Hot Rod Teg | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...