Notices

03 Accord Coupe (Wheel Size)

Old 05-13-2003, 10:30 AM
h240vtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord Coupe (Wheel Size)

O.K. Guys here goes , I recently purchased a 03 accord coupe. second one in two months. Had 4cyl. for a month did not like it took it back and bought EX-V6 w/Navi. Anyway I want to replace stock wheels with 19", what I am wondering is what size 19"x8" or 19"x 7.5". Now take in to consideration I live in Chicago (POTHOLE CITY) so I do not want to lower the car at all. I just want a set of 19s that will not rub and I dont have to do any mods. So tell me what you guys think.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:00 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay with your stock 16's if you're not gonna lower it. It's gonna look dumb as hell on 19's not lowered.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:02 AM
jschmid

If you are concerned with potholes, then don't get 19's.

Also...if you get 19's and retain the stock tire diameter, your tire will be very thin...and without a drop, you'll be looking like a 4x4.

Either way, in answer to your question, you'll have fewer rubbing issues with the 7.5, but more important that is OFFSET. You are gonna need about a 42-48 offset to keep those wheels from sticking out too far.

If you do get a thicker tire to protect the wheel, you'll be larger than the overall diameter of the stock tire, and your speedo will be off and it'll give your car a lifted look.

Hope that helps.

My advice is this: If you don't want to drop your car, are worried about potholes, then don't get 19s. Get some nice 17's.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:36 PM
oofrost

Your tires will be lower than a 40 series with 19s. If you have a lot of potholes in your area, your going to be buying new tires very very often. Couple months ago I ran over a pothole on 18s, and my tire bubbled, I was lucky it didnt pop, not a good experience at all.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:58 PM
bucd

Originally posted by jschmid
If you are concerned with potholes, then don't get 19's.

Also...if you get 19's and retain the stock tire diameter, your tire will be very thin...and without a drop, you'll be looking like a 4x4.

Either way, in answer to your question, you'll have fewer rubbing issues with the 7.5, but more important that is OFFSET. You are gonna need about a 42-48 offset to keep those wheels from sticking out too far.

If you do get a thicker tire to protect the wheel, you'll be larger than the overall diameter of the stock tire, and your speedo will be off and it'll give your car a lifted look.

Hope that helps.

My advice is this: If you don't want to drop your car, are worried about potholes, then don't get 19s. Get some nice 17's.
what he said...

-D